Topic: Save the Green EW

Troiars need some love since the los changes and the normal short range of the drainers/neuts they just don't have a real use right now.

Ictus still the black sheep.... los changes on drainers/neuts causes the ictus to hit the ground a lot. the worst part is the fitting since you cant reduce reactors on neuts and drainers. After you drop meta gear on it you will cry.

Re: Save the Green EW

out of curiosity - what is "meta" gear?

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Recognizer wrote:

tiered / named

Both of them need some serious love if they ever want to see practical use.

4 (edited by Alexander 2010-12-16 13:03:25)

Drainers have a huge range and the Ictus is a long range Neutralising platform.
The Troiar works very nicely to quickly shut down high AP usage enemies. During a normal engage I've seen troiars shut down assaults after they've fired one or two times. If they're trying to repair they just die faster. They're very effective. I'd still favour three drains over two drains and a neutraliser but to each their own.

Troiars are a short range demob brawlers. Ictus is the long range neut and GTFO mech. smile

The Game

Trojar need shield bonus instead of cap bonus.

It drops like sack oh ***, even with one hardener fitted.

Siddy wrote:

Trojar need shield bonus instead of [AP] bonus.

I like this idea a lot as I see the troiar being a mega tank small robot but with very low DPS output. The issue being is that if it's 2 guys vs the troiar it just won't due unless you can get out of its drain range.

The Game

7 (edited by Ajtony 2010-12-16 13:58:54)

Alexander wrote:
Siddy wrote:

Trojar need shield bonus instead of [AP] bonus.

I like this idea a lot as I see the troiar being a mega tank small robot but with very low DPS output. The issue being is that if it's 2 guys vs the troiar it just won't due unless you can get out of its drain range.

Yes please, it would be nice to make the Troiar an "endurance tackler" that can tackle and keep one single assault tackled for quite a while. Right now, as light/assault engagements are pretty quick, the Troiars can't really do their job. They just don't have the time to shut down accumulators, so they could have a different role.

Recognizer wrote:

It's Goon teminology... You wouldn't get it.

Reefpirate wrote:

It's Goon teminology... You wouldn't get it.

Goons dont get it.

10 (edited by Blorturmur 2010-12-31 03:27:47)

how about when aoe and collateral damage comes, pel. bots get explosive missiles that do splash damage?  like how the chem missiles require basic ballistics 5 to equip, for explosive missiles set the prereq to 7.  of course actual damage numbers would be difficult to balance.  when read the blog this is literally the first thing i thought of..

Fit trojar with 2 medium missiles and you got best fire support bot in game big_smile