Topic: Assignment standings quirkiness

I've got a standing of > 4.5 with the corps out of an ICS outpost. Prior, while doing the level 2 assignments for said corps, I would see my standings gains diminish as my overall standings improved. In the relations log, it got to the point that the gain for each and their sister corps would display as +0.00 and the rival corps as -0.00 which, as I understand it, is to be expected. Level 2 assignments only get you so far...

Then I think I hit some sort of tipping point. Now if I do any of the level 2 assignments in the outpost, the relations log contains no entries whatsoever for the corp for whom I ran the assignment nor any of its sister corps. However, the rival corps now take a hit of -0.02 each.

Not long ago I put a few points into Diplomacy. Not sure how or if this precipitated what I'm seeing but it seems wrong.

Re: Assignment standings quirkiness

At first the rival corps were jealous of you doing missions for the other corp so they lowered your standing.  They didnt like it, but they didnt want you to think you could just get away with it scott free.

After a while they decided it didnt matter and just stopped paying attention to you.  They probably thought that if they just said "Fine, do it, I dont care anyway!" that you would stop because you were doing it to purposefully hurt them.

When they realized that their apathy didnt turn you to their side they just got mad and started lowering your relation out of spite.  You better be careful because soon enough they're going to start writing hate mail to all of your loved ones and co-workers, tailing you everywhere you go, all while leaving flowers on your doorstep apologizing for taking you for granted.

I hope this explains the game a little better for you.  I have insider information, and I will probably be banned for revealing this to you.  I hope you read this before it is edited to hell by Zoom.

You just lost The Game

Oh and one more thing:  Your avatar.  Its racist.  I like it.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki