Topic: Any UI Improvements?

I would really like to see some simple little UI features, such as windows that will lock in place, and snap to distance.

Also, I've not had a problem with this myself, but just a couple days ago a guy was complaining in general chat that the font was too small for him to read, and so he had to play at an extremely small resolution.
I know there is an option you can tick to use larger font where available, but I think this is something that is going to need to be addressed when you're dealing with more people that have particular needs.

Re: Any UI Improvements?

We have already started developing an improved UI engine that would make these and more possible, but currently I can't tell when it will be finished as it's not a priority.

A new UI engine sounds amazing, but it sounds like a long term goal. Are you telling me that, in the short term, it is difficult to make the current engine support windows locking in place and/or snapping to distance? I have little programming experience, but I just can't imagine that being hard to implement.

4 (edited by Martha Stuart 2013-06-18 06:59:42)

its not that they can't do it now, its that they are a very small indie team, and have a tonne on their plate already with research/mission overhaul plus steam launch.

Actually the font size problem is really something that we can't solve without a new GUI engine as the interface elements are not stretchy, so if you would increase the font size, the texts would simply overflow their boxes.

Snapping is something that might be possible now too, but there are many more pressing gameplay issues right now.

Please Devs , go look on Eve Online how make a good UI.

No, EVE UI is utter crap. Right click => drop down => drop down => drop down => drop down => drop down => ....

Nothing wrong with Perpetuum UI imo. Could use some minor improvements but thats it(snapping being one of them). I personally like Perpetuums UI a lot more than EVEs.

9 (edited by Heliaso 2013-06-18 21:00:48)

Yeah , right click menu on Eve are bullshit , but i'm talking about having the choice to set our Ui with so many options compared at Perpetuum ( landmark tabs , lock window , background color,  etc ... )

Sorry , but Perpet Ui is bad.

One example : Why can i look Material/Time efficiency CT in Corporation storage but not my  own CT in my private storage ?

http://i.imgur.com/WqEeSYE.png fuuu

Mentioning EVE as an example of good UI design.. never thought I'd see that day.

It's not, just less legacy than it just to be, with some gimmicks to boot.

Snapping sizes and positions would be a nice addition though.

I never said Eve Ui was the best, i said it's better than perpetuum.

I prefer to have Wow's addons, i ask to have the "CHOICE" , it's difficult to understand ?