Topic: Black Screen After Switching Fullscreen

I was in game, tried to switch from Fullscreen to Borderless, and now my screen is black. As soon as I launch the game now, all I see is a black screen. The game is running, there is sound, I can alt+F4 out just fine, but the screen is black.

I'm not reinstalling it just to fix this and lose all of my UI settings. If someone can point me to a config file where I can manually set it back to fullscreen that would be great.

Re: Black Screen After Switching Fullscreen

Does alt+enter work?

I fixed it by launching the client in safe mode. However, if I try to run it in borderless again, the same black screen problem occurs. I'll just stick to fullscreen.

Yeah, does the same for me too. We'll look into it.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Yeah, does the same for me too. We'll look into it.

Can you please also investigate following issue appeared with the last hot-fix: sometimes after WinXP got locked/unlocked, client hangs - sometimes "partially" (no chat window updates, toolbar buttons can be pressed, but does no action) or completely. Might be related.

No Mas: that sounds more like a network related issue.
The black screen is due to some recent changes to our backbuffer handling. I'm working on the issue along with some other related problems.

Looks like switching to borderless is generally broken, either from full or from windowed it goes to blackscreen. How to fix the client after screen is black without deleting it?

Burial wrote:

Looks like switching to borderless is generally broken, either from full or from windowed it goes to blackscreen. How to fix the client after screen is black without deleting it?

Alt+enter works for me.

Burial wrote:

How to fix the client after screen is black without deleting it?

Amduscas wrote:

I fixed it by launching the client in safe mode.

Roger, I'll try it all out.