Topic: Gimme some knowledge about ewar

How strong is it?

How desirable in gangs?

How vulnerable are the bots/mechs in solo situations?

All opinions welcome. smile

Re: Gimme some knowledge about ewar

Trojar has no roll currently, intakt is fast and used currently for demobs and suppression, chameleons are currently the slowest but with good ecm skills very powerful

From what I've read and seen Ewar is very strong and as long as you are not out numbered you can take out even bigger targets. 

Ewar is faster, longer range, and with the ability to prevent, slow down, and break enemy lock at will.  Also on top of being faster they can slow down their targets.  With the ability to reduce your range and because they are faster, they can easily ensure you not only never fire your weapon but also never even achieve a lock.

With the current abilities of Ewar, I will say they are desired over any other type of bot.

As people get into mechs that might change, only time will tell.

The Enclave - No drama!  No prisoners!

HereticZero wrote:

From what I've read and seen Ewar is very strong and as long as you are not out numbered you can take out even bigger targets. 

Ewar is faster, longer range, and with the ability to prevent, slow down, and break enemy lock at will.  Also on top of being faster they can slow down their targets.  With the ability to reduce your range and because they are faster, they can easily ensure you not only never fire your weapon but also never even achieve a lock.

With the current abilities of Ewar, I will say they are desired over any other type of bot.

As people get into mechs that might change, only time will tell.

Thats not totally true. ewar bots are very fast, if you equip ewar modules/weapons then not so much. If you need to run, speed is the only thing that will save you, not ewar. You need to find a middle ground between speed and damage/ewar. A fully fitted ewar bot will be painfully slow compared to an ewar bot with for example an lwf and a demob. Trojar is very hard to get an optimal fitting, chameleon is hard, and intakt is pretty easy. You want T2 modules for the weight reduction, and a t3(can't get t4 atm couse the kernels are bugged afaik) lwf to maintain the highest speed possible with your current setup.
Summed up ew bots are very good for different purposes, but not all at once.