Topic: What Do You Guys Do For Fun?

Greetings, everyone.  I stumbled across this game by searching for "sandbox MMO" on Google.  As soon as I read the content on the homepage, I registered and downloaded the game without a second thought.  It wasn't until after that I did some reading and realized the game has an extremely low population.  Don't get me wrong, this game looks amazing.  Devs, it's obvious  you were looking at EVE for a large amount of inspiration.  But a low population obviously means a fair number of people were dissatisfied.  Doesn't mean the game is bad, just that it's not for everyone.

The population isn't a problem for me so long as there's fun to be had.  So, what fun stuff is there to do?  Obviously, there won't be any large-scale battles and I imagine the economy is quite broken right now, but I'm sure there's something that's keeping you guys here.  What is it?  I'm just trying to get a feel for the game.  I want to know what people are enjoying about it.  If you're all enjoying the kind of gameplay I'd like to enjoy, then I think we're all in for a good time.  big_smile

Re: What Do You Guys Do For Fun?

Play good games.

Whatever you do don't listen to player with a CIR tag, like the troll up there. tongue

Join a corp, try out a few stuff in game , I really don't know what you enjoy if you played Eve and you enjoyed scanning exploring you could try artifact hunting or ninja SAP loot. There are also mission, farming NPCs with or without beacons, terraforming, mining, harvesting, manufacturing, trading, research, PVP.

I just try out different stuff that keep me interested not just one.

Celebro's body guard

I have a chart for you smile

http://sequer.nl/wiki/What%20to%20do%20in%20Perpetuum

5 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2013-04-29 00:03:45)

Nice chart.

Also 1 (of many reasons) why this game has a low population is the DEVs never had any real form of advertising.
There are other things aswell but im sure you can find that out for your self.

The game tho at its core is awesome fun & I still say the PVP in this game has been some of the best ive ever had in any game ive played. smile

6 (edited by Goffer 2013-04-29 06:40:55)

The chart is nice, although I disagree with some points as necessary to be placed there and some points would allow to split up in more points.

Simple way to have fun:
1) create some assets that you can allow to be blown up later
2) do things where you risk your assets to get blown up (Explore beta/gamma, steal some SAP loot, plant noralgis anywhere, do artefact scanning out of alpha island, do assignments on beta island, attack NPCs that seems very hard to you, attack more than one NPC group at once if you feel comfortable with first step, look for real PvP (good to join corp there))

Some never enjoy 2, but enjoy to do 1 till they have that amount of assets, that they can start to play games on market....

Honestly after a year, killing the same "extra chromosome gifted" individuals gets boring.  I've tried to motivate myself to "wait" for Steam but honestly it's not enough and soon it won't be worth my time to check the forums to see if anything happens.

It's all about timing too.

Summer is a terrible time to try and rekindle an MMO, although I suppose 1/2 the world is moving into winter, so what's a global MMO to do about it.

Arga wrote:

It's all about timing too.

Summer is a terrible time to try and rekindle an MMO, although I suppose 1/2 the world is moving into winter, so what's a global MMO to do about it.

People living upside down don't count tongue

Celebro's body guard

Megacannon, I would suggest just trying things out ... there are lots of people out there who are willing to help you out. You are correct the game population is small in comparison to many other games.

So is perp a fun game? sure but it may not entertain you.

Does perp have things to do? sure you could play for years and not do everything there is to do (depending on how you play) 

I will say perp is more of an "adult" game where you make your own goals and entertainment ...

there is no step by step quest tracker here yarr

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.