Topic: Good Assault Bot/Baphomet loadouts?

Been thinking about doing some more fighting, so I've bought a Baphomet and was wondering if anyone had any advice as to how I should equip it.

I was thinking medium lasers, but I doubt I could do that without dedicating half the craft to co-reactors (and prehaps not even then) so I was thinking 5 small lasers, 1 small launcher and then various armour & armour repairers

Re: Good Assault Bot/Baphomet loadouts?

Something like this (go tech up where possible) always works for me:

http://i.imgur.com/fpPsriJ.png

3 (edited by Arizoko 2013-04-18 18:33:33)

I'll go with something along those lines, plus one missile launcher (and possibly minus the lightweight frame.)

Arizoko wrote:

I'll go with something along those lines, plus one missile launcher (and possibly minus the lightweight frame.)

My advice would be to stick with lightweight frame, speed is very important, even more in PVP. Leave slow assaults fitting for when you get more experienced.

Celebro's body guard

I always like a t2 medium accumulator expander on ratting baphomets.

6 (edited by Arizoko 2013-04-18 22:56:32)

Well my loadout goes something like this:

Head: T1 Sensor Amplifier, 2 T1 Laser Tunings

Chassis: 4 T1 Small Laser Turrets, 1 T2 Small Laser Turret (only one at my home Terminal), 1 T1 Small Missile Launcher

Legs: 1 T1 Small Armour Repairer, 2 T1 Accumulator Rechargers (was gonna have 1 Recharger and 1 Light armour plate, but didn't have enough Reactor Power to mount it. Seriously, what does an Armour Plate need Reactor Power for?!)

Now I just need to wait until I have the skills needed to actually pilot this thing.

Arizoko wrote:

Well my loadout goes something like this:

Head: T1 Sensor Amplifier, 2 T1 Laser Tunings

Chassis: 4 T1 Small Laser Turrets, 1 T2 Small Laser Turret (only one at my home Terminal), 1 T1 Small Missile Launcher

Legs: 1 T1 Small Armour Repairer, 2 T1 Accumulator Rechargers (was gonna have 1 Recharger and 1 Light armour plate, but didn't have enough Reactor Power to mount it. Seriously, what does an Armour Plate need Reactor Power for?!)

Now I just need to wait until I have the skills needed to actually pilot this thing.

What is your home terminal?

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/63701/#p63701

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

forget the missile launcher. not worth the reactor and cpu. as a yellow piliot you should not realy have any missile skills, and also all your boni from the bot are laser only. that one launcher will do nearly no dps.

Holy *** Hunter, that's one gem of a tutorial.

Fit a demob too if you go solo. smile

ECCM is fine too

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Doek wrote:

What is your home terminal?

The Asin-tech one on Daoden, though I was thinking about moving soon (got a Sequer so I can take all my bots there at once)

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

forget the missile launcher. not worth the reactor and cpu. as a yellow piliot you should not realy have any missile skills, and also all your boni from the bot are laser only. that one launcher will do nearly no dps.

Prehaps not, but I had enough CPU & Reactor power left to mount one, so I decided the game wouldn't have given the Baphomet a Missile Turret if it didn't want us to use it (I guess if the second recharger proves unnecessary I'll remove the launcher so I can add a light armour plate)

Arizoko wrote:

the game wouldn't have given the Baphomet a Missile Turret if it didn't want us to use it (

lol

I know you are a new player but no.

If you do a lot of PVE, I'd say keep the launcher to consume those useless missiles NPC's drop.

I like putting 3 med plates in my bapho with a demon and double ECCS.

no missle launcher required. just cause there is a slot does not make it viable.  good luck

If you fight against NPCs you learn what nasty those missle slots on a kain can be in some situations. And than you learn that there are situations when missle allows your baph/kain/watever be as nasty. But you also learn those limits and have to ask yourself in what situations it is ok, to equip missle on non-missle bots.

But there is a lot religion in this question.

Goffer wrote:

If you fight against NPCs you learn what nasty those missle slots on a kain can be in some situations. And than you learn that there are situations when missle allows your baph/kain/watever be as nasty. But you also learn those limits and have to ask yourself in what situations it is ok, to equip missle on non-missle bots.

But there is a lot religion in this question.

missile =
additional cargo =
less cargo to space to loot and destroy stuff in cargo =
as inconvenient as having to micromanage weapons with different cycletimes

on a baphometh without maxed out missile extensions -> the inconvenient aspects overweight the small bonus damage with arc-LoS.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear