Topic: Recruitment applications

Hi boys and girlz smile

I’m new to the game, came from Eve, and maybe this small issue has been raised before.
I subscribed, created this lovely agent and thought to hang around for some while learning basic things like mining, harvesting, npc farming etc before I decide to join some corp. A week or so later I thought I was ready and applied to one corp. Knowing the process of application to a good corp in EVE, I prepared myself for a thorough security check, some questioning, interviews and so on and forth roll.  After typing short story how good I was in an application form, I clicked ‘apply’ .. Nervously, I started systematic checks of my mailbox (I didn’t know how the acceptance to a corp worked like) nearly every hour. Then every 4-5 hours. Then every day during the first week… Then I checked again 2 weeks later and deleted my application. Well, I thought, in spite of adverts in recruitment section of the forum, that company just didn’t care about me, effectively neglecting even my application.
I applied to another. Same nice story, button ‘apply’, and ….. silence. WTF, I thought? It didn’t seem  like hundreds of recruits bother poor busy recruitment officers in Perpetuum corporations, so those can’t find a minute to reply to a potential corp member?
Something had to be wrong. So I made an experiment. With one of my alts I founded a company and made an application with the other one. Yes! I got it. My new happy CEO of that new great corp received NO NOTIFICATION that somebody else wanted in, NOTHING! Yeah, when I went to corporation management icon then clicked  ‘Members’ -> ‘Applications’ tabs, I saw that application. But I don’t think that CEO of any corp in this game starts his morning checking that tab as a procedure No.1
Yes, I know, I should have poked any member of the first or the second corp and everything would be fine, I’m sure.  But I was intrigued and decided not to just for the clear experiment wink. And I’ve typed this story not to grumble, but to ask DEVS:

Please, DO some NOTIFICATION of application to corporations ! Anything. I don’t think it’s that hard. Say, a mail to CEO or/and recruitment officer. Or at least place it in CEO’s ‘Events’. Anything that would attract some attention.
And one more thing. If an agent ‘applies’ to a corp then changes his/her mind and ‘deletes’ his/her application before it was reviewed, it (application) leaves no traces that it has ever existed.  I’m not sure if this is very important, but who knows ..
Surely, there are many important things DEVs are hardly working on now, plus tons of great ideas from agents on this forum to take into consideration for futures, but yet ..

Thankz ! tongue

Re: Recruitment applications

Generally recruitment is done in recruitment channel, just talk with people who are spamming their messages. Some kind of notification would be good too I think.

Yes, I agree in game notification would do great.

The difference here is you can invite players to corporation without application, just right click invite and you are in corp, so I think leaders are not used to checking or use that too often.

RIP PERPETUUM

anything that happens while your offline will not give you any notifications when you get online - EXCEPT a mail, corporation bulletin actions or - if you have set your client to english - server news.

good luck in searching all your possible logs to find out what happened while you have been offline wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Your're missing the point, someone recruit this guy! He's awesome smile

I have to confess this has been on our todo since 3 years already neutral

7 (edited by Entruix 2013-03-15 18:15:30)

Versys, your application has been accepted. Welcome to NPC corp!

Lol

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Entruix wrote:

Versys, your application has been accepted. Welcome to NPC corp!

Ahhh ! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Entruix! I've grown so bored with TM-UAS, finally I will get into a real nice corp of ICS-DI ! tongue