Re: Missile Launch Facility, Radars and more strategic points

PBS testing was dizorganized a lot. Now, however, we can refresh server snapshot and test those nukes on existing bases defence. Maybe even some rewards for partipicating in testing - like forum tag or present boxes or add the time spent on test server to main one as a free bonus.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Zortarg Calltar wrote:
Line wrote:

...put it on the test server for balancing.

well i remember building a station on the test server when it was up for gamma testing. i invited the whole server to test it. we still had plenty of ppl in game and it was a fair time on the weekend when normaly a lot ppl were on.

if i remember correctly not even 10 ppl showed up.

so much for test it on the test server... ^^

most "tester" have been occupied with "testing" how this thing works on the far end of the world,
-like how to shut off teleporter efficiently.

Line wrote:

PBS testing was dizorganized a lot.

basicly, thats it.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

well maybe testing need some direction by the devs then... like only have some features enabled so that only that can be tested.

You have to remember that these aren't paid beta testers, but people who pay to play a game, expecting most to do anything other than use a test server to try out things they want to use is unrealistic. If the devs want to test something specific, they can run mass test events like happens in Eve. The most important thing you have to remember though, is that the purpose of the test server is to find bugs and other problems, not for checking if things are balanced (beyond a simple is bot a too powerful compared to bot b).