Topic: Missions and upcoming changes.

I'm just going to make a suggestion for tutorial mission and low level missions.  Lets add the mission token rewards to both the tutorial and low levels 0 and 1.  I'm not talking serious reward but like 1 or 2.  Then in the tutorial show the player how to setup a buy or sell order for them.  Why would we want to do this?

A.  It's establishing a baseline for being able to buy or sell on the market, I have not exploited the trial mining accounts in a while and not 100% sure whether the tutorial goes through in depth process for marketeering. 

B. It gives a sense of income building while rep grinding that's addictive for new player retention.

C.  Drive the price of tokens down.  More supply pushes costs down further providing cheaper pvp ammo or kernels or beacons!

D.  More players using the market is good.  It would encourage some produces back to alpha 1s.  Or just hauling more stuff there.

Just some thoughts.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Missions and upcoming changes.

Tutorial will be in instances... wink far away from any1 noticing that you exploit it to death fuuu

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Unlimited free trials * Tutorial reward tokens + ISBoxer = EX-PLAY-IT

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

+1 For farmable tokens in single player instances, I see no problem with this.

Really Line?  One token is not worth that much trouble.

I don't think tokens need to be any more cheaper unless the beacons itself get nerfed. Right now the guys running beacons from the very same tokens are already rakeing in billions and that change would even further it.

Ville wrote:

I'm just going to make a suggestion for tutorial mission and low level missions.  Lets add the mission token rewards to both the tutorial and low levels 0 and 1.  I'm not talking serious reward but like 1 or 2.  Then in the tutorial show the player how to setup a buy or sell order for them.  Why would we want to do this?

C.  Drive the price of tokens down.  More supply pushes costs down further providing cheaper pvp ammo or kernels or beacons!

FYI, the price of tokens is not dependent on supply.  Increasing the supply of tokens (as of March 2013) will only devalue NIC, which in turn will hurt noobs.

You can already see the effect that tokens are having on the market on the more rare items (ICE, Mk2 cts, etc.)

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Good point in that - is to have tutorials on howto use market. That's what we are missing for sure.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Mongolia Jones wrote:
Ville wrote:

FYI, the price of tokens is not dependent on supply.  Increasing the supply of tokens (as of March 2013) will only devalue NIC, which in turn will hurt noobs.

You can already see the effect that tokens are having on the market on the more rare items (ICE, Mk2 cts, etc.)

I disagree, the price of ICE and other things are being pushed down because of two things little pvp and unlimited supply of materials.

Ville wrote:

I disagree, the price of ICE and other things are being pushed down because of two things little pvp and unlimited supply of materials.

the price of ICE has has a slow steady "upward" trend from launch where are you getting your data?

ICE @ its inception 50~ 75M
ICE @ current 110 ~ 130M or more

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Ville wrote:
Mongolia Jones wrote:
Ville wrote:

If anything, income from token is the reason ICE price is going up.

Kokomut wrote:
Ville wrote:
Mongolia Jones wrote:

If anything, income from token is the reason ICE price is going up.

Yep, lack of PvP and excess supply of materials is likely to push the price up, not down as there is so much NIC floating around with nothing to really spend on.

honestly at 140 million nic, thats what 5 hrs on a good alpha spawn, its been hoovering around 100~120 for monthes.  140 is a little hint of inflation.  The things should be selling for about 250, if you ask me.

Ville wrote:

The things should be selling for about 250, if you ask me.

Theres no price they should be selling for, they sell for what people will pay. The limited pool of buyers probably stops the price rising too high, theres just not the demand.

Ville wrote:

honestly at 140 million nic, thats what 5 hrs on a good alpha spawn, its been hoovering around 100~120 for monthes.  140 is a little hint of inflation.  The things should be selling for about 250, if you ask me.

So you are the one putting them up for 225 at almost all terminals ? smile

Industrial Junkie

Not I said the fly.