Topic: Perpetuum Futur - let's brainstorm -

Hi all,
I start a post to see ppl hopes for the futur of PO.

First of all i think devs have done really good so far.
But, in my point a view, PO lack a global war reward just like in Rising Force Online : will try to explain.

Ok , you create a guy, try to do money, try to figure out how your guy will be in couple of month with an EP planner. Find a corporation and alliance, starts to roam/defend all good so far.
At this stage youy maybe will ask a question : cool but what's next ?

For me the next cool stage will be a global war every 6 or 8 hours on a new big island, the alliance who control it after let say 1 hour fight will have a bonus until the next "war" ( +20% DPS for pve and 20% more mining efficiency for exemple)
It will force people to group on 3-4 major alliances (just an intuition can be wrong) and if one is always winning the other can team ( so people outside of the leading alliance will not quit the game)

Little comment : So far ive spend point into financial/riding sequer bot feel like it can be  nice to go for energy transfert and demobilizer for exemple ( some people are concern about how its boring to mine all day long but you dont have to spend ALL you ep on mining you can be usefull in pvp with an industrial bot)

See ya in game with Opener or Gengis
My 2 Cents

PS: no flame plz............

Re: Perpetuum Futur - let's brainstorm -

Full territory warfare should make the game a lot more fun and there is a lot of potential PVP. As soon as "Blobing" is fixed with penalties there should be a lot more roams killing a lot more thinks. Sneaking in under the radar will also be nice. Tackle bots fitting a module that reduces their detection range down to 900m or 800m.

Another fix to make Beta island fun to roam is to limit scouts. Arkhe's are used mainly to scout teleports and I think Arkhe's should not get Beta island teleport protection. I don't mind scouts having to be on the alpha island side and there are many sneaky ways to enter an island and hide but scouts everywhere are damn annoying.

Alpha island are too abundant with minerals and smalls corporations can live a nomadic life style due to weak NPC's and no PVP. While on the PVP island it's hard to keep your miners moving around the island and 1 outposts resources are easily depleted. For example an alliance can deplete two outposts in a week of 70% of their minerals despite it regrowing.. Phew.

The game is great but the balance is way off.

The Game

Balance needs to be improved. Map Waypoints opening lag is too heavy. Corporation hangar system could be connected over islands by a skill maybe.

fusion reaction created me

Kernkraft 3000 wrote:

Balance needs to be improved. Map Waypoints opening lag is too heavy. Corporation hangar system could be connected over islands by a skill maybe.

Hangar system should stay the way it is, storage is where you put it, whether personal or corp, IMO it is good to have to cart things around where you want it, makes logistics matter.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Alexander wrote:

Full territory warfare should make the game a lot more fun and there is a lot of potential PVP. As soon as "Blobing" is fixed with penalties there should be a lot more roams killing a lot more thinks. Sneaking in under the radar will also be nice. Tackle bots fitting a module that reduces their detection range down to 900m or 800m.

I also think it would be cool if speed also affected the radar. Let's say you fit said module or skill, well then reducing your speed decreases the distance that they can see you at. So that if you are moving and < 10 you won't show up till your within 100m. That would keep people actually watching the terrain and significantly increase the adreneline of coming in for the kill (tackle).

neKr0w wrote:
Alexander wrote:

I also think it would be cool if speed also affected the radar. Let's say you fit said module or skill, well then reducing your speed decreases the distance that they can see you at. So that if you are moving and < 10 you won't show up till your within 100m. That would keep people actually watching the terrain and significantly increase the adreneline of coming in for the kill (tackle).

Then I'll sit still on my miner and never be detected.  Derp.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:
neKr0w wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Make it cost a lot of cap so you can never be cap stable with it while running mining modules? Or just make so when it's on you no longer recharge cap.

Snowstyle wrote:
Neoxx wrote:
neKr0w wrote:

Make it cost a lot of cap so you can never be cap stable with it while running mining modules? Or just make so when it's on you no longer recharge cap.

Miners have the best accumulator stability.   I would take off 1 or even 2 of my miner modules just to fit something so I would never be detected.  Voila!  You now have riskless epriton mining!

"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:
Snowstyle wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

Miners have the best accumulator stability.   I would take off 1 or even 2 of my miner modules just to fit something so I would never be detected.  Voila!  You now have riskless epriton mining!

Did you ignore the part where I said it should stop you from recharging cap?

Snowstyle wrote:
Neoxx wrote:
Snowstyle wrote:

Did you ignore the part where I said it should stop you from recharging cap?

Yes I did because thats just a dumb idea.

And why is that?

Snowstyle wrote:

And why is that?

Because what the f*ck would be the reasoning behind removing your recharge other than a desperate attempt at "balancing" a completely ridiculous idea.

If you had this on and no recharge, there would be no way you'd 500+ meters at the much reduced rate of speed that you are basing this on.

I'd say a module which reduces your own radar range to 500m, reduces the range you're detected by to 250m and reduces your speed by 50% would be interesting.

Locking any target or activating any other module would cancel the effects immediatly ( module would finish the cycle, but the effect granted by it would not last until the end of the cycle. )

You could sneak up on people but the moment you'd start locking they would detect you and be able to fight back. In addition to this because of your own reduced radar range there could be enemies just outside that range to surprise you.

Say you use the module, get within 300m of someone, you can see them but they can't see you. 300m behind that person is an ally of theirs ( so 600m from you, meaning you can't detect them. ) As far as you can tell there's only 1 enemy in range. As far as both of them can tell there's nobody in range. If you decide to engage that enemy radar ranges go back to normal and suddenly you see 2 enemies and they see 1.

*Insert really awesome sig here*

Neoxx wrote:
Snowstyle wrote:

And why is that?

Because what the f*ck would be the reasoning behind removing your recharge other than a desperate attempt at "balancing" a completely ridiculous idea.

If you had this on and no recharge, there would be no way you'd 500+ meters at the much reduced rate of speed that you are basing this on.

What's the problem with putting in a restriction for the sole purpose of balancing? If you think the module itself is stupid then comment on that. I just think it could easily be made unexploitable by miners, which was your original grievance.

And maybe my reading comprehension just sucks but I'm still waking up and I have no idea what your trying to say in your second paragraph.

There is nothing to balance here. Move along!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

16 (edited by Thadious 2010-12-17 00:47:26)

Zhyntil wrote:
Kernkraft 3000 wrote:

Hangar system should stay the way it is, storage is where you put it, whether personal or corp, IMO it is good to have to cart things around where you want it, makes logistics matter.

What if it was just your spark that was teleported?

Say, for a nic cost ( that could be reduced through an extension), the syndicate would be willing to teleport your spark to a different hanger provided you have a working bot in storage there?

That way "you" teleport to a new hanger, but your mech (and all it's cargo) stays behind.  You could activate your bot in the new hanger and go on from that point, but you couldn't use the feature to ship stuff.

(Not high priority, of course, just an idea for the future.)

Gobla wrote:

I'd say a module which reduces your own radar range to 500m, reduces the range you're detected by to 250m and reduces your speed by 50% would be interesting.

Locking any target or activating any other module would cancel the effects immediatly ( module would finish the cycle, but the effect granted by it would not last until the end of the cycle. )

You could sneak up on people but the moment you'd start locking they would detect you and be able to fight back. In addition to this because of your own reduced radar range there could be enemies just outside that range to surprise you.

Say you use the module, get within 300m of someone, you can see them but they can't see you. 300m behind that person is an ally of theirs ( so 600m from you, meaning you can't detect them. ) As far as you can tell there's only 1 enemy in range. As far as both of them can tell there's nobody in range. If you decide to engage that enemy radar ranges go back to normal and suddenly you see 2 enemies and they see 1.

Or instead of making penalties to speed why dont we make it simple? Like a lightweight frame you could have a frame that reconfigures your bot to be "stealthy" like radar stealth is in the real world with radar absorbing surfaces and so on. This -could- be in place of a regular lightweight frame, I dont quite know how the balance is. If you spot the stealth bot with your own eyes your should be able to target it but it shouldnt appear on your radar/landmarks until its too close for comfort.

On a different note, I cant say i like the concept of cloaking devices that make you completly invisble, I kinda like the much more plausible low tech approach and I think it would work really well in a game like this as you would need to think about the terrain you are sneaking in, while still being viable for surprise attacks and ambush tactics (a moving bot is much more visible than a stationary one)

Personality Prototype wrote:
Gobla wrote:

Or instead of making penalties to speed why dont we make it simple? Like a lightweight frame you could have a frame that reconfigures your bot to be "stealthy" like radar stealth is in the real world with radar absorbing surfaces and so on. This -could- be in place of a regular lightweight frame, I dont quite know how the balance is. If you spot the stealth bot with your own eyes your should be able to target it but it shouldnt appear on your radar/landmarks until its too close for comfort.

On a different note, I cant say i like the concept of cloaking devices that make you completly invisble, I kinda like the much more plausible low tech approach and I think it would work really well in a game like this as you would need to think about the terrain you are sneaking in, while still being viable for surprise attacks and ambush tactics (a moving bot is much more visible than a stationary one)

I actually thought about this.... True story, radar absorbent paint is affected more my lasers than regular paint (do to it's requirement for mass spectral absorption..)

You could have a "leg" (read "engineering") slot item that gave you this, making you not on radar until you are much closer, but at a cost of not only taking up a slot, but making you take X% greater damage from lasers. (Which is kind of balancing as long range laser fighters are typically the ones who try to lock from as far back as possible..)