1 (edited by Goddleyeke 2010-12-14 23:41:56)

Topic: Fake link in general.

I just fail to see the point of this post in general chat.

*edit* Link removed. - DEV Zoom

that link lead to perpetuum-onIine.com (spelt with 2 i's)

2 (edited by Goddleyeke 2010-12-14 23:42:13)

Re: Fake link in general.

Apparently this is going to be a common occurrence, since it was posted again right after the first one.

3 (edited by Alexander 2010-12-13 12:29:13)

I don't understand what you're talking about but it sounds like someone is posting links into general that aren't going were you expect them to.

Well... It's called general chat for a reason. You're damn lucky there isn't more male genitalia in those picture. If someone sends you a link you don't need to open it.

EDIT -GM Oceanus

EDIT: Oh, I get it. It links to YOUR website. Nice work.. Good advertising for an unused website. smile

The Game

Personally I'm amused that it was my name used to spam this latest nonsense.

Making a character named GoIden One isn't hard, but taking the time to make it look exactly like my avatar shows some dedication.

I didn't realize I warranted that sort of attention. tongue

To Alexander, I didn't post this for you. I posted this for the Devs because this is copy right infringement.

Saying they have an ip log of whoever joins the server it would be very easy for them to persue charges.

Attacks like this can be from within the community, or from other games trying to cause upheaval.

Also from what I am aware you can freely advertise your corporation, or website on these forums and they are open to doing so. If I wanted to advertise my website I would post under the correct forum (which has already been done).

As of yet, no one has found a reason for this fake link. Its sad that M2S wasted money on registering "prepetuum" (money that could have been used on another useful account). Its obvious how they are apparently here to destroy the credit of the game, and have been actively working to ruin gameplay.

6 (edited by Goddleyeke 2010-12-14 23:45:46)

If I was the perpetuum developement team, I would take a close look at the ip log of these 2 users who posted and see if they belong to any other accounts.

Perhaps someone is trying to get someone else banned. If no action is take, at least you know what "organization" or "individual" to be watchful of.

Alexander you sound defensive.

it is a well known fact that "Alexander" works for EvE online Devs and is trying to prevent this game from growing and taking players from eve

Prepetuum cost $2 and was bought by a member who isn't playing and is a troll.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

this being owned by a troll means one less dns name floating around for phishers to use in email scams after this games gets 10 million subscribers.

Irritation level
phishing >> trolling

maybe we can buy up all the common misspellings and completely negate the phishing market.

The issue has been dealt with.
The link leading to the screenshots has been removed on player request.