Topic: massive h'way lag(?)

So, every time I try to use the 'approach' function for a point on a highway I get a massive lag spike(or something).

It has been happening constantly but reached breaking point today when I hit approach to reach a point on a highway and got a 'not responding' message that lasted for a good 5 or 6 mins... when the game did decide to respond both of my characters where back in terminal(aka dead).

I assume they where killed by a roaming spawn but this is a serious barrier to playing the game and not loseing bots?  Any ideas?

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

2 (edited by Syndic 2013-02-22 19:22:37)

Re: massive h'way lag(?)

Approach function is redundant and promotes macroing/botting.

Haven't experienced it myself but yeah, shizzle can happen and there's reimbursement policy somewhere on the forum that should cover you if the log gods are in a giving mood.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I'm still undecided on the approach function to be removed or not. Most of us multi-box, so it's an obvious risk for the devs to just remove with any proper alternatives to single account play. First question to ask in this case is , why is having multiple accounts so wrong.?

On the lag issue, I rarely have lag except when terraforming.

RIP PERPETUUM

4 (edited by Gremrod 2013-02-22 21:15:34)

All games have some type of approach / follow / keep at range etc. type of feature. it is not redundant. It is there to be a useful tool.

I see no reason to remove it.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:

All games have some type of approach / follow / keep at range etc. type of feature. it is not redundant. It is there to be a useful tool.

I see no reason to remove it.

MMO games in general promote macroing/botting with boring activities like resource gathering.

Kinda agree, don't see, removing tools improves the game in any way.

RIP PERPETUUM

there is no reason to remove it,
except the hungarian way of preventing botting or raise of player population.

btw, this is a bug report topic -> and your probable better of with writing a support ticket, if you have not yet wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Gharl: does this happen at a particular highway or all of them?

I tried to reproduce it but no luck, no lag or lockup whatsoever. There is one issue when your doubleclick hits the lightning effect and it guides you to the center of the highway building to which it belongs, but this doesn't really sound like your problem.