Topic: Intakt Loadout

I am a new player and just had some simple questions about the Intakt. I see a lot of people complaining about the Intakt and I was wondering what people that play an Intakt are using for damge? Are they using Lasers? Everything I read about weapons say that Lasers are terrible is this not the case? Right now i just run around with 4 machine guns and do fine farming 1 star bots but I am sure everything changes in pvp. I am trying to gauge how I should spend some of my EP to avoid becoming prey to the Intakt.

Thanks Gang

2 (edited by Vorgrim Scout 2010-12-14 18:16:55)

Re: Intakt Loadout

If you want to kill a solo fitted intakt you need 2 sensor amps and relevant extensions in locking range and time. Accelerated target locking, long range targetting and sensor connection.

Waspish are the best assault for the job, though Baphomets do very well with the 20% range assignment ammo.

I will say that conventional firearms are very heavy and recieve no bonuses from any bots. You are not doing yourself any favours using them over a racial bot and weapon combo.

Lasers are not terrible, they just need more care and attention to use than say missiles.
Lasers are the long range weapon in the game and have good sustained DPS due to fast refire and lower hit dispersion. They use a lot of cap though.
I found them a bit fiddly to use on the intakt as its so low to the ground its easier to have line of sight issues than on a taller bot.

thanks for the replies...

So what are Intakt generally fitted with for damage?

StormWatch wrote:

A friend in a waspish.

GLiMPSE wrote:
StormWatch wrote:

A friend in a waspish.

This.  I don't even fit guns on mine.  Speed is more important.

Ahhh ok I get it now...

I told you guys I was new hmm

So my buddy gets in an Intakt and disables our target I then DPS from whatever DPS bot I come up with.

How are people getting solo killed by Intakts then? Do they slit their wrists in frustration or are they taking damage some other way?

StormWatch wrote:

Ahhh ok I get it now...

I told you guys I was new hmm

So my buddy gets in an Intakt and disables our target I then DPS from whatever DPS bot I come up with.

How are people getting solo killed by Intakts then? Do they slit their wrists in frustration or are they taking damage some other way?

You can fit guns on an intakt...and in a perfect 1 on 1 situation probably get a few kills if someone engages  you and/or isn't close to an outpost or TP.

But PvP happens on beta islands, and it's not typically 1v1. The longer you're in one spot fighting someone the more time their friends have to come put the hurting on you.

I use lasers on mine. Mainly because they weigh less than other weapons.

Less weight = more speed.