Re: Any words about the fixed exploits?

Xadhoom wrote:

You guys are so funny....Please Zoom investigate this exploit and punish those that are using it.

Go get them.

I would advise you check your own closet for skeletons before crucifying people smile

Crusader wrote:
Xadhoom wrote:

You guys are so funny....Please Zoom investigate this exploit and punish those that are using it.

Go get them.

I would advise you check your own closet for skeletons before crucifying people smile

I play this game legit no skeletons here unlike fools like you.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

28 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-02-14 18:26:02)

Matter of fact I have heard that people can undock while over on cpu and or reactor..Zoom should look into that exploit as well.

or people using isoboxer programs.

2nd Top Killer 2012

Accounts affected by the cargo overload exploit have been suspended while we perform our investigation.

Xadhoom: let's not mix everything here, if you know of a cpu/reactor limit bug please submit a support ticket.

Crusader wrote:

Example:  a player goes to terminal A.  He sets a spark.  He then accepts and declines a mission which still give him the items for the mission.  He then travels to destination with unlimited cargo.  Sets spark.  Jumps back to point accepts mission then jumps back to point b turns it in.  Macro that with a mouse clicker and in 24 hours you just made 27 billion and you control the economy. 

Btw: ill send the bill to avatar creations for beta testing.

" He then travels to destination with unlimited cargo" This part is the only exploit i see here without unlimited cargo how is it a exploit to transport the cargo even if you declined the missions and retake them once you have a mass amount at the destination. people will use any game mechanic they are given to optimize the way they make NIC. so if you hauled these items manually with several scarbs would this still be a exploit?

General Skystrider wrote:

so if you hauled these items manually with several scarbs would this still be a exploit?

No.

DEV Zoom wrote:

so if you hauled these items manually with several scarbs would this still be a exploit?

No.

and using the spark teleport system to circumvent having to drive to other stations is this a exploit ( this is a honest question and not a attempt to troll )

DEV Zoom wrote:

No.

and using the spark teleport system to circumvent having to drive to other stations is this a exploit ( this is a honest question and not a attempt to troll )

You still have to physically bring the items over at one point, and if you do this with numerous Scarab runs that's ok.

I hope they are parsing there database with all bot hauling more then there suppose to like cam's etc..

2nd Top Killer 2012

The next three days are going to be a laugh to see who was using this.

36 (edited by Gunner 2013-02-14 22:59:07)

DEV Zoom wrote:

That may be but "how much ingame currency was generated" is a poor choice of words in this case and generates unnecessary mass hysteria as if it were a case of duping.

I know what you're trying to say but it's impossible to calculate the effects of this exploit as an exact monetary gain.

fixed* - less 'tude, more content  smile

****  here is how I see it:

There are lucrative hauling missions that require risking scarabs to do.  If a person just uses a (masked cam  --- EDIT:  sequer) to move 23443456u of materials in 90% (edit) safety,

That 100% absolutely breaks the mission running game and can generate billions and billions of nic over the course of weeks or months that it is known and abused.

It is not an abstarct and isolated situation, Zoom, it is huge and massively game breaking provided it works that way.

if my assessment of what I am seeing is not correct, then sorry about that

Gunner: I guess you didn't read the latest posts here?

the only error in the above post is that beta transport missons require at least a sequer (50U items). I dont really konw how the cargo bug worked, but i guess the item needed to fit at least into the cargo.

the other thing is - that doing the missions still in an unintended way is not considered "exploit" makes me wonder if that is a wise decision...
the new mission system is just around the corner wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

the only error in the above post is that beta transport missons require at least a sequer (50U items). I dont really konw how the cargo bug worked, but i guess the item needed to fit at least into the cargo.

Correct.

40 (edited by Gunner 2013-02-14 23:00:33)

So, people were* not making Billions of nic using Cams to cheat at Beta hauler missions, they were using Sequers.

le sigh

Wouldn't using trial accounts with sequer mk2's make more sense? they can hold 100U after all right?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

And using insurance to generate large amounts if nic is ok?  Because this is the same page in my book.

Xadhoom wrote:
Crusader wrote:
Xadhoom wrote:

Go get them.

I play this game legit no skeletons here unlike fools like you.

So along those same lines your requesting full corp wipes too ?

I'm closing this because there is no need to go crazy and dig up everything again.

There are currently only 6 suspects in this case and there may be even less real offenders than that after we finish the investigation. But rest assured that we're on it.