Topic: Any words about the fixed exploits?

Last to patches "fixed" some things that could have been used for exploiting -

any words what it was, how much ingame currency was generated with it and how much of it was removed with the patches?

no names necessary - i doubt anyone was banned for it...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Any words about the fixed exploits?

The exploit was that you could overload your cargo. How does that "generate" ingame currency?

IDK about generating but unlimited injector charges can generate field cans of loot yarr

So how do you get unlimited injector charges?

Unlimited cargo=/=unlimited injector charges

infinite transport capactiy would have helped evacuating some terminals pretty fast, im sure...
if i had known that i could transport like 1M U HDT in a sequer...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

That may be but "how much ingame currency was generated" is a poor choice of words in this case and generates unnecessary mass hysteria as if it were a case of duping.

I know what you're trying to say but it's impossible to calculate the effects of this exploit as an exact monetary gain.

Nowhere near Styx level..

O

DEV Zoom wrote:

That may be but "how much ingame currency was generated" is a poor choice of words in this case and generates unnecessary mass hysteria as if it were a case of duping.

I know what you're trying to say but it's impossible to calculate the effects of this exploit as an exact monetary gain.

What happens when you do transport missions on Beta1s with unlimited cargo space and now spark teleportation....?  I'll let you smart Hungarians figure out the rest.

Crusader wrote:

What happens when you do transport missions on Beta1s with unlimited cargo space and now spark teleportation....?  I'll let you smart Hungarians figure out the rest.

Can you do that easily without the 6/10 rule kicking in?

nah, i doubt that someone could create tons of NIC/tokens out of the blue with the DEVs not getting an automated alert that something suspicious is going on. They said at some point that they run a log how long player need for each mission to adjust the rewards manually.

like i am pretty sure, they run a check if certain player commands are triggered in exact millisecond intervalls and synchronious for longer periods of times to check for cheap macros or bots.

*sarcasm mode off*

DEV Zoom wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Yes?

DEV Zoom wrote:
Crusader wrote:

Zoom, u can do 3 transport missions at once.

RIP PERPETUUM

Can you post an example please?

edit: nevermind, found it.

This being the point where a Freighter bot and a Jump Freighter requiring Energy Cells would be nice to implement.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Basing on the past, such exploits deserve a blogpost and act of punishment.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Basing on the past, such exploits deserve a blogpost and act of punishment.

Times have changed, now we have ICE; NIC has really money value for AC tongue

If there has been any foul play let them pay, by all means, no need for announcement.

RIP PERPETUUM

Example:  a player goes to terminal A.  He sets a spark.  He then accepts and declines a mission which still give him the items for the mission.  He then travels to destination with unlimited cargo.  Sets spark.  Jumps back to point accepts mission then jumps back to point b turns it in.  Macro that with a mouse clicker and in 24 hours you just made 27 billion and you control the economy. 

Btw: ill send the bill to avatar creations for beta testing.

Did you ever wonder were 300k tokens (yellow) sell orders came from?

Just gonna throw this out there but the economy in this game is so all over the place its laughable. Get someone who knows about these things to start talking to you already.

21 (edited by Xadhoom 2013-02-14 03:08:47)

You guys are so funny....Please Zoom investigate this exploit and punish those that are using it.

Go get them.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

22 (edited by Gremrod 2013-02-14 04:12:59)

Fourfingers Frankie wrote:

Just gonna throw this out there but the economy in this game is so all over the place its laughable. Get someone who knows about these things to start talking to you already.

Holy crap...... I just looked @ the market... Well there is no market!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

23 (edited by Fourfingers Frankie 2013-02-14 04:16:35)

what I hate about it is the randomness. Its not driven by scarcity nor by demand. Its a mess.

And to demonstrate how much of a mess - 90% of prices atm for tech are based upon how hard getting the fragments is for proto's - not the mineral cost or the difficulty of getting the technology. Nuts.

Oh but fragments are not a problem remember?

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … nt-supply/

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

i think the "market" ist that interface is more a database then a market-interface.