Topic: Can't download

Hi guys!

I can't install the game. The installer starts downloading the game and stops after about 1+ Mb. Then it says 'connection fail' and something like 'attempt 1 of 20' and it never goes any further. I managed to install the game yesterday at home, and this was an attempt to install it on other computer in my office. I tried to turn off the firewall, nothing changed. I have a pretty good internet connection, having no troubles playing EVE, WOW, LOL BF3 etc.
Any ideas?

Re: Can't download

1. your provider blocks torrents
2. you have nvidia "first packet" option somewhere active
3. ...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

3 (edited by Versys 2013-02-13 11:16:16)

Thank you, Annihilator

At last attempt it stopped around 4.5Mb downloaded... I doubt it is because of ISP torrent blocking. Wouldn't they start blocking it right away and not waiting till it's already partially downloaded? Moreover I use other torrents time to time and never encountered problems with that.
As for No. 2. What is NVIDIA 'first packet' ?

Any other ideas please?

Bring your System Administrator a case of beer. smile

You mentioned you turned off your firewall. If you have some realtime virus protection or backup software, that could be the culprit too.

btw, if you have it installed already - just copy it onto an USB stick.
the game doesnt write anything into registry, so you could even RUN it from the USB stick wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

7 (edited by Versys 2013-02-14 16:24:44)

Yes, it works at home. Thank you for the idea, will try tomorrow

I use AVG untivirus and its firewall (which I tried to turn off for a test). Interestingly, I use same AVG at home.. Anyway, will try to run the client from a copy and see.

Thanks, guys!

Tried, working, lovely, thanks for the idea tongue

a little note: running it from USB stick or SSD may not be a good idea if you haven't deactivated writing logs in game options, 2nd tab.
the constant writing from combat and chatlogs is bad for your hardware.