1 (edited by Burial 2013-01-20 13:04:36)

Topic: Some new module ideas..

Probably the dev team has already hands busy with new content they mentioned in the blog post but I have had these ideas in my head for some time now and now I finally am bored enough to make the thread. tongue

Here are some new module ideas I've collected over the time I've been playing. Some are as easy as changing other module attributes and some require additional coding but I think they all would enhance gameplay.

Electronic Warfare module that raises target's weapon cycle time
Basically an EW module that makes targets guns cycle time bigger and therefore lower his overall damage output. Should be easy to land and have big range(since they would generally be weak).

New weapon tuning that makes guns slower but adds damage
Would like to see a new weapon tuning that both makes weapons shoot slower but also in return raise its damage output, making alphaing more possible and add some other interesting gameplay options.

Target tracker
Here is something that most likely needs a bit more coding. In a nutshell, this module would mark the target so he would be visible(only to the person who market him) on the radar until he leaves island, effectively making it easier to track where a certain player is going. There could be different types of this module, like covert that doesn't let the other know he has been tagged and so on.

More explosive devices
I would really like to get different explosive devices that get triggered by proximity. There could be many of them, each with different explosion amount, trigger area radius, masking value and so on.

Re: Some new module ideas..

liking ideas other than the tracker

only negative gameplay for the ones beeing hit by it. another set of modules for brainless followbots.

counters?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Another thing. Would like a demob resistance item that goes into legs and that is more effective than the plate. Should weight close to evasive. Something like 35-40% demob resist should be fine. big_smile

Blinder that reduces target's detection value. 1 per bot, can't work together with masker, consumes lots of energy, affected by EW Strength.

Disruptor that makes target's systems to malfunction for some period of time. Requires time to hit the target, consumes all the energy you have.

Landmines that can be deployed anywhere on any beta/gamma island (30 per corp per island), activation radius - 50m. Remains on the ground until blown up or removed. Imvisible for everyone including owner. Number of mines can be controlled by extensions (Basic, Advanced, Expert Demolition)

Mine detector that reveals mines in certain radius for user only.

Mine remover that can remove deployed mines (yours and enemy).

Afterburner that doubles your speed, makes you completely blind and extremelly vulnerable to demobs.

And new effect - miner modules and amy kind of explosions have very little chance to lower the ground (as if it was 1 cycle of terraforming module) on any island (Alphas and betas too). smile As a counter-effect, those little tornadoes have a little chance to raise the ground. That will make the world dynamically changing.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Afterburner that doubles your speed, makes you completely blind and extremelly vulnerable to demobs.

I like this but ide also add: cant fire any weapons or offensive mods.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Inter island ballistic missile yes/maybe/no? lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Line wrote:

I like this but ide also add: cant fire any weapons or offensive mods.

you really forgot to add 3min molecular instability after using it.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

I was thinking of something along the lines of a radar echo mod (EWAR).  This mod would basically be targeted at one target.  the mod would render the affected target's radar ineffective by generating false radar echos.  Basically there would be a whole bunch of dots on their radar.  None of the dots would show up in landmarks info, and the player would have to pick targets based on what he can see, and his land marks info.  This would make it harder for the affected target to see where and how the enemy fleet is arranged.  They would be more reliant upon there teammates to tell them what direction the enemy was coming from and how their fleet was arrayed.

Martha Stuart wrote:

I was thinking of something along the lines of a radar echo mod (EWAR).  This mod would basically be targeted at one target.  the mod would render the affected target's radar ineffective by generating false radar echos.  Basically there would be a whole bunch of dots on their radar.  None of the dots would show up in landmarks info, and the player would have to pick targets based on what he can see, and his land marks info.  This would make it harder for the affected target to see where and how the enemy fleet is arranged.  They would be more reliant upon there teammates to tell them what direction the enemy was coming from and how their fleet was arrayed.

you describe what ECM usually does in other games

That's exactly what I was thinking of.  The first time I saw what an ECM does in this game I was kind of confused, because a true ECM does nothing of the sort.

Martha Stuart wrote:

That's exactly what I was thinking of.  The first time I saw what an ECM does in this game I was kind of confused, because a true ECM does nothing of the sort.

well, you cannot say it that way, since true "ECM" does multiple things, everything that perpetuum has as EWAR is in RL ECM (supressing, jamming and interference)

even the RAM paintjob of the Stealth airplanes are considered as a passive form ECM.

if you read the description of masking modules... thats what a ECM Airplane does - but it would be the oppositte of "invisible" -> creating such a big presence (aka dot) on the radar that other planes can hide beneath it.

Perpetuum DEVs have separated ECM into two factional ewar devices that are basicly doing the same. It would have been better if they had separated it into offensive ewar and defensive ewar.
Ontop of that, "locking" someone is so essential necessary in this game, that constantly breaking that lock removes someone completely from combat. adding even more modules that do that, will not enhance the game in a positive way. 

sorry... this post has no red thread because it took me almost an hour to complete it wink

Syndic wrote:

Inter island ballistic missile yes/maybe/no? lol

Yes please, and we have missile silos and nuke's too?

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I need an AOE Demob for my Z~MK2 O..+ ~~~~~~~~~~ > ( ( (( O )) ) ) lol

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

15 (edited by Burial 2013-05-31 18:07:25)

A module that would not allow target to use teleporters(both static and tele beacons). Offensive module of course with around the same range as a short demob has, should not take too much accumulator so runnable with light bots. smile

After that add some teleport chains like on the old map!