Topic: Missile balancing

Hi I have an idea for green balancing, please dont bash me too hard if you dont like it smile
So as it stand now, missile fired will follow the target if the target strave right or left. Thats cool. However i noticed that they also go through objects like plants and walls. I think that it would be cool for the missiles to explode if  it encounters an object mid flight, instead of the missile passing thru the object. To counter the imbalance, I also suggest to increase the damage of missile, because its a missile! They should hurt. Also increasing the base velocity of the missile so that they will reach target faster and make it harder for the target to hide behind walls. Also make their optimal range even further to balance it against ewar players. So ewar lightbots would be able to escape missiles but then the greens would still be able to shoot from even further. Let me know what you think!

Peace out.

Re: Missile balancing

I'm a green pilot for the most part, and that even sounds broken to me.  It's kinda like having your cake and eating it too.  Although I'm sure most green pilots have thought some of the same or similar things, but im pretty sure that would just make missles OP.  I think they need adjusting but whatever that is I'm just gonna leave that up to the devs but dont take it to extremes where they need to out range everything, do more damage then everything have some sort of crazy impact damage, oh and have higher velocity so they reach the target faster, i just feel that all of that combined isn't balancing.  It's breaking something.  Broke ain't good.

3 (edited by Bullzi 2013-01-18 22:03:07)

I agree to that. The changes such as damage or speed does not even have to be game breaking. Again it is up to the devs to find the right parameters. Just find it funny to have the missiles going thru walls and plants. Kind of making the plants and trees useless for cover. Tho not completely useless too.

4 (edited by Celebro 2013-01-18 22:40:07)

So you want missiles to have more LOS but still be able to shoot faster, so that target cannot hide behind walls? That's what we have now with little LOS issues. Btw they already decreased flight times.

Missile are unique to all other 'turret' types for the following reasons:

Much better Line Of Sight

No falloff range:  therefore they hit all the time at full damage, so compensates for optimal range which is quite good anyways.

Can switch between low and high range missiles on the field

Low accumulator usage

For all those advantages, you get lower dps than the rest, so seems balanced to me. I think you just want the cake and eat it too. So your changes are never going to happen, I hope I didn't get trolled. big_smile

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro you are right on, its all about cake big_smile

Celebro wrote:

So you want missiles to have more LOS but still be able to shoot faster, so that target cannot hide behind walls? That's what we have now with little LOS issues. Btw they already increased flight velocity.

Missile are unique to all other 'turret' types for the following reasons:

Much better Line Of Sight

No falloff range:  therefore they hit all the time at full damage, so compensates for optimal range which is quite good anyways.

Can switch between low and high range missiles on the field

Low accumulator usage

For all those advantages, you get lower dps than the rest, so seems balanced to me. I think you just want the cake and eat to too. So your changes are never going to happen, I hope I didn't get trolled. big_smile

fixed typo and
+1, what he said. thats what missiles are about...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

7 (edited by Bullzi 2013-01-18 22:33:53)

Let me clarify. Its not the awesome LOS or range that I am after. Its the dynamic impact. So while .the missiles are following its target and happen to meet a plant on the way, it would not reach the target. So this obviously is a downside for the greens thus the increase in dps or range or whatnot. Just want to make the plants to more use than just decorations and use em as cover. No trolling intended smile

Edit: when the missiles are fired and los is clear, no matter if the target hides after the missile is fired, the missile will still hit. So that part is what I think would be sweer to change. Making it more actiony sort of. Perhaps title is misleading. Maybe it should be make more use of plants or the lines of it.

Missiles check for LoS at the moment they are launched, and this is the same for all other weapons too, just the effect is less prominent there. Of course it would be very nice to have LoS checks every microsecond while the missiles are in-flight, but I think that would kill the server. (And if it would be checked client-side instead, it would be open to cheating.)

This would also be a nerf to missiles, as then we can basically "dodge" dps.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

in other words -
this is a 2.5D dice roll game , not a 3D twitch based FPS Game

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Anyways, it would be cool if the missiles visually dodged the obstacles if it calculates a hit, but I would assume that's not possible.

RIP PERPETUUM