Topic: Healthy population?

Hello all,

I just started the free trial and so far I feel like I could get into this game, but is there a healthy enough population to warrant a sub fee? I don't need a massive AAA sized population, just enough that I know the play experience will be enjoyable.

Thanks!

Re: Healthy population?

That's up to you to decide, specially if you prefer to join a corporation/guild there are many out there recruiting.

I think there is just about enough to get some pvp maybe not enough if you like to pvp all the time, more players would be awesome though, once we get on steam, we should see player base increasing.

RIP PERPETUUM

3 (edited by Brutalizer 2012-12-07 13:31:17)

I think one of the things that makes it difficult for people to communicate/connect with each other is a lot of the game is played "AFK" like Eve, and the people that are on run multiple accounts.  In reality it's a very quiet game, you probably won't ever group/talk to anyone without joining a corp.  I would recommend trying a corp out before giving up on the game,  I didn't try a corp out and I don't like the solo play so far.

Brutalizer wrote:

I think one of the things that makes it difficult for people to communicate/connect with each other is a lot of the game is played "AFK" like Eve, and the people that are on run multiple accounts.  In reality it's a very quiet game, you probably won't ever group/talk to anyone without joining a corp.  I would recommend trying a corp out before giving up on the game,  I didn't try a corp out and I don't like the solo play so far.

I don't agree with this. Much of what you can do can't be played afk as in Eve. We also have have a general chat channel (server channel) which anyone can leave but has enough people to socialize with without being in a corporation.

RIP PERPETUUM

5 (edited by Ville 2012-12-07 17:40:21)

Celebro wrote:
Brutalizer wrote:

I don't agree with this. Much of what you can do can't be played afk as in Eve. We also have have a general chat channel (server channel) which anyone can leave but has enough people to socialize with without being in a corporation.

disagree with Celebro.  General chat has been quiet at time for 16 hours stint with out a single word said, and typically someone says hello and it takes sometimes upto 10 mins to get a response.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

6 (edited by Celebro 2012-12-07 17:53:50)

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Brutalizer wrote:

disagree with Celebro.  General chat has been quiet at time for 16 hours stint with out a single word said, and typically someone says hello and it takes sometimes upto 10 mins to get a response.

In general chat:

[17:51:01] <Celebro> hello
[17:51:08] <Khetar> o7
[17:51:17] <Ceredwyn> Greetings, fellow sentient!  How may we classify you?
[17:51:49] <Celebro> ville look ^^

Took 7 bloody seconds...

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro how many people are in general chat during EU primetime?

8 (edited by Celebro 2012-12-07 19:25:55)

Ville wrote:

Celebro how many people are in general chat during EU primetime?

There's 68 atm, I get your point, but I can only comment from my experience.

RIP PERPETUUM

Whilst there aren't necessarily many in channel I find that Help channel is very responsive - if people have a question someone always seems willing to offer answers/advice promptly. Which is healthy.

The population sucks.  Plain and simple.

Population is still a  concern of mine but after a few days and joining a corp I feel like there might be enough to be enjoyable. Here's hoping steam helps

I have seven accounts and none of them are in general chat.

Gunner wrote:

I have seven accounts and none of them are in general chat.

which is just 1 player less in general chat that you could count to "population"

if i create 50 termis trials and field them all together with isboxer - that doesn't count as population either.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

really just need the same thing eve has which simply says how many people are logged in

simple