Topic: Why is the pace of this game so slow ??

After getting a few new players in our corp, talking with them about the game, why does it take two or three hours to get from one island to the next. If we do a corp op it takes three hours to get everyone from different island to come together and do something, why ??? After almost two year since release this game is still way to slow. Yes they have been improvements lwf, roads, everyone starts off with nav 10 spark teleporting. How hard is it to raise all bots speed 10 or 20 % hell even 30 % ? Why don't we have a single teleport that will take us to two or three different island ( especially alpha ).
Two years and new players get 20,000 ep to start off ? Come on.

1. Increase speed of all bots.
2. New players should start with more ep.

Re: Why is the pace of this game so slow ??

They actually get 20k more ep once they sub.

It's almost 60k EP at the end of trial if they sub.

Kokomut wrote:

They actually get 20k more ep once they sub.

It's almost 60k EP at the end of trial if they sub.

Yeah they need more

can i haz more EP too?

i feel no more progress ingame anymore since i have almost all relevant extensions at lvl8-10.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

WarBlade wrote:

After getting a few new players in our corp, talking with them about the game, why does it take two or three hours to get from one island to the next. If we do a corp op it takes three hours to get everyone from different island to come together and do something, why ??? After almost two year since release this game is still way to slow. Yes they have been improvements lwf, roads, everyone starts off with nav 10 spark teleporting. How hard is it to raise all bots speed 10 or 20 % hell even 30 % ? Why don't we have a single teleport that will take us to two or three different island ( especially alpha ).

1. 2-3 hrs to a neighbour island? youre doing something wrong there...takes me at most 5 min
2. From which island to which one? According to your statement above it should take almost a day from the alpha core to the outer gamma isles...
3. Robot speeds are fine as they are, especially with auto lvl10 navigation everyone got some time ago.
4. Lets get rid of the EP system and character development then and make a "Mech Warrior Online".

Yakapao Doherato wrote:
WarBlade wrote:

1. 2-3 hrs to a neighbour island? youre doing something wrong there...takes me at most 5 min
2. From which island to which one? According to your statement above it should take almost a day from the alpha core to the outer gamma isles...
3. Robot speeds are fine as they are, especially with auto lvl10 navigation everyone got some time ago.
4. Lets get rid of the EP system and character development then and make a "Mech Warrior Online".

Wow 5 mins to get from New Virgina to Tellesis thats amazing takes me 5 mins just to get to a terminal thats running t-4 nexus level 8. Even a beacon takes 10 mins and thats not even to the terminal. How are you so fast please let me know so I can tell my new members how to travel island to island in 5 mins.

There is not a easy mode button in this game...speeding up bots, having faster ways of traveling ect. will have implications that you haven't even thought about as of yet.

As for the 20k EP...don't even get me started on that one again.

If anything WOULD happen I would like to see a greater RANGE of speed of the bots, not a actual increase at all, Period.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Curious.

What islands are your players based on?
Where are you all meeting?
What is your op?

To the first question at least I wonder if the corp is not based in the same place.

Sparking to other games

WarBlade wrote:

Wow 5 mins to get from New Virgina to Tellesis thats amazing takes me 5 mins just to get to a terminal thats running t-4 nexus level 8. Even a beacon takes 10 mins and thats not even to the terminal. How are you so fast please let me know so I can tell my new members how to travel island to island in 5 mins.

You said from one island to the next.
That means to me either out of the station or out of any teleport of the island to the next island within teleport connection of the current island. In first case go 1km from the station in any direction, place a mobile tp, wait 3min, jump to the tp which leads to the neighbour island, wait 30 seconds, jump. Not a big (long) deal, is it? In the second case you dont even need to run 1km.

Just like to say that with sparks and cheap small teleports it's never been easier to move with speed. The universe is bigger now yes but if you can't move from one island to another in 20 minutes your doing it wrong. Moving stuff that distance does and should take longer.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

12 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-11-06 10:03:22)

Merkle wrote:

+1

& omg i agree with Jita's above post...

@ the OP: learn to play the game better?

It takes me around 15mins ish to go from say tellesis to shinj or 20mins from tellesis to hersh i guess. but thats for hauling only.

Spark TP ftw.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Merkle wrote:

+1

It takes me around 15mins ish to go from say tellesis to shinj or 20mins from tellesis to hersh i guess. but thats for hauling only.

Spark TP ftw.

Thank for all the advice about traveling, and I will tell new players that just started playing, to learn how to play better.

14 (edited by Celebro 2012-11-06 18:59:52)

WarBIade wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Merkle wrote:

+1

Spark TP ftw.

Thank for all the advice about traveling, and I will tell new players that just started playing, to learn how to play better.

They should, that's the whole point, learn to play better than the rest. Game is far easier than 2 years ago, also much bigger.

RIP PERPETUUM

War what we do in PHM is consolidation.  We bring them home upon recruiting them then I personally spend about Wb hour getting them setup.
@Obi get online noob.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

War what we do in PHM is consolidation.  We bring them home upon recruiting them then I personally spend about Wb hour getting them setup.
@Obi get online noob.

HEY i have zombies to kill on warZ & TR / VS to kill on planetside 2 tongue

but ill be on to troll bobo soon (tm)

cool

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

it seems  plantside 2 is killing perp now

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

it seems  plantside 2 is killing perp now

*Hands tinfoil hat to celebro* there there all will be good now smile

No to more EP. New players can already hop into a light mech and bypass assault bots...assault bots do need a better role in game and i assume to original intention of assaults wast to have the as a swarm type bot that all the newer players would use ect, which doesnt work when a new player can skip right to mechs.

Faster bot movement?  Well it would be nice, i guess.  The underlying problem is that the developers seem stuck on creating local markets, intentionally making it difficult to move across the map.  A great idea if there were 10k player on at a time and there were enough producers filling the markets.  Thats not the case.  I would like to see not only a more logical highway system in the game, but a more logical teleport system.

I think that if teleport worked as interzone beacons do, giving you the option to port to multiple location within range, would fix a lot of the issues.

Its my firm belief that a lot of the games mechanic problems rest completely on the fact that the game has so few players right now. Not all, but a decent amount.  Steam may or may not fix these problems.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

its a funny fact, the higher your bot in the given vertical progression, the slower you are moving.

lwf fit light bot > 100kph
lwf fit heavy mech < 60 kph

AFAIK current noob flavor is green bots. they are slow to begin with, but with many of them beeing able to drive a tyrannos in a few days, they basicly put themself in a situation where they become slow. The main three factors which decide which bot you drive cancel out the penalties of doing so:
+ more hitpoints.
+ more cargoroom
+ less accumulator issues
- slower
- lower dps because of extensions

dunno if the last one counts - when you skip light bots almost completely and just start from mech, you probably wont notice that one.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

WarBIade wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Merkle wrote:

+1

Spark TP ftw.

Come on war tats not fair. Just teach them the four basics:

Learn the road routes

Use teleports

A ratting fit is not a travel fit

Sparks ftw

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita forgot: Sequer + LWF + a few teleport beacons provided by corp = fast travel