1 (edited by Kokomut 2012-09-26 03:15:52)

Topic: Request: Reset mining fields spawns every 2 week or once a month

This would help with the problem of them spawning under a npc spawn on Beta 1/2. Otherwise eventually they will all end up under one and people would stop mining there

Re: Request: Reset mining fields spawns every 2 week or once a month

Half-assed idea.

Make the system check for NPC spawns within 1km before generating a field. Don't think it's hard to do with their Hungarian math sorcery.

3 (edited by Celebro 2012-09-26 03:49:24)

Mining so close to NPC makes me nervous. OP idea is quick and easy to do now, then you can think of something better. Also remove those pesky fields with a few tiles while your are at it. Its annoying and I thought it was implemented, but no. sad

RIP PERPETUUM

the only thing that was implemented, was tiles under a certain threshold getting removed over time.

CRM stated somewhere that the engine doesnt "see" deposits, just single tiles (after i asked universal geoscanner charges showing liquid ore deposits total count.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Any field that has not been touched for 3 weeks period de-spawns and then current mechanics generate a new one somewhere.

Of course this would require the engine to recognise fields and not just tiles as Anni pointed out but how hard can that be? After all when a raw material type falls below a threshold the new ore all spawns in a blob already.

that really depends how "fields" are generated. There was a severe engine change with gamma expansion regarding the minerals.

previously, you could imagine each zone as a multi-layer picture, where each mineral was stored in a 8-bit greyscale layer.  very memory intensive.

they do i now different, but im not sure how. I got an idea in mind how they could generate deposits, and identify them as such - though writing it down is wasted effort...

after all, i would still prefer it 10² times more to have industrial NPCs going out there mining, and not just driving in circles around the islands, doing nothing but posing a moving target for kernel farmer, or standing still in static spawns where the only thing they do the same as ewar npcs...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

I got an idea in mind how they could generate deposits, and identify them as such - though writing it down is wasted effort...

Me to. I thought the same about writing it down but who wants to read code babble by a nerd.

8 (edited by Celebro 2012-09-27 01:17:03)

Annihilator wrote:

the only thing that was implemented, was tiles under a certain threshold getting removed over time.

Well, the threshold seems a tad low. Pump it up, damn it.

Are you guys working full time on the game anymore?

RIP PERPETUUM

9 (edited by Kokomut 2012-10-31 03:01:53)

BUMP, please consider the easy fix suggestion or at least do something. I can at least tell you that people don't mine on Hok because most of the minerals are spawned under static spawns and the rest are like a 20 minute walk in a mining bot from a station.

People would rather mine on Gamma than spend time clearing field under static npc spawns. This reducing the number of ganking targets that PVPers are looking for.

Reset the location every once a while or eventually there will be no miners on Beta islands.

Celebro wrote:

multiply the monthly gametime fee * the number of active accounts doek has figured out sime time, substract the monthly rent for office rooms + heating + water + server, and estimate how much money is left for 4 DEVs per month.

take into account one-time payed year subs money alread as consumed...

so, i would say your question is a rhetorical one, even without knowing about the true situation the DEVs are curently are in...

Annihilator wrote:
Celebro wrote:

multiply the monthly gametime fee * the number of active accounts doek has figured out sime time, substract the monthly rent for office rooms + heating + water + server, and estimate how much money is left for 4 DEVs per month.

take into account one-time payed year subs money alread as consumed...

so, i would say your question is a rhetorical one, even without knowing about the true situation the DEVs are curently are in...

Not trying to be a complete *** here, but so?  When my business sales were down significantly and I had to work 6 monthes straight of 72~84 hour weeks do you honestly think my clients said to me:  "Hi Mister Ville, I understand you have so much going on!  Please provide us with underacceptable service in order to feel better."  The answer to this is No and I believe my sympathy went out the window about 8 monthes ago when every spawn in the game was stuck in wall and we spent a 4 month period trying to hodge podge farm npcs in order to push tech research for the corp.  I posted on this MONTHES ago. 

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … -question/

We fixed Alpha 1 with Orange mobs.  +1

But what the OP suggests just makes sense.

+1

Anni stop trolling.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I think a once a week re-draw of the ore spawns would prevent permanent fields that spawn on the worst of locations...also it would clean up grief miners who leave a few tiles or one dark green left on a spawn.

I dunno...once the server goes down weekly for maintenance  just have the fields respawn then....the server does go down weekly right?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:

I think a once a week re-draw of the ore spawns would prevent permanent fields that spawn on the worst of locations...also it would clean up grief miners who leave a few tiles or one dark green left on a spawn.

I dunno...once the server goes down weekly for maintenance  just have the fields respawn then....the server does go down weekly right?

it would be at least an easy to do bandaid fix until they got an more elegant solution that doesn't need to restart the whole server every week...

Annihilator wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:

it would be at least an easy to do bandaid fix until they got an more elegant solution that doesn't need to restart the whole server every week...

Eve still do this on a daily basis, for other reasons. I really don't understand Dev's hesitation ,  restart servers clean up the mess , mining is broken, hello!

RIP PERPETUUM