Topic: [Idea] Resources from water or the shore

i am totaly aware that we are not in dire need of new resources atm. this is just a idea that we came up in ts. i have to admit the main credit is not mine, but i think its worth sharing here and it might be come in handy in the future.

after some discussions about the resource system we have atm someone got the idea that we are all on islands. that means there is a lot of water around. so the idea is why not have any resource(s) realted to that.

this can be done in many different ways.

- you can make the water itself a resource. because it may be stupid to pump out tons of water it may be more intresting to get a special component that is in the water. so when we talk about our tech this could be heavy water (or something like that) that is only a very small part. i am sure we can find some purpose for that.
so all you have to do is locking a tile outside in the water (where you can not walk to) and start mining there with the right charge.

- you could implement a new kind of resource that will only spawn on the water. you might need a mining laser with some more range or that stuff can only be mined in the small 2 tile border where your mining lasers can get. of cource you could bring on water bots, but i guess that is a totally other thing.

- or you can place it on the beach. so basicly a resource that gets washed ashore. well in the end then its just a new resource with a limited spawning location. so this might not be the best option.

so basicly this is just a little idea for discussion, and maybe we can see anything usefull from it in the far future.