1 (edited by Annihilator 2012-07-23 00:13:03)

Topic: "tiny" change for damage calculation

[serious post]
Would it be possible to add two things to the combat calcualations?

1. Variable Ammo consumption per Cycle
    This would enable No-Ammo weapons, like lasers, mining laser, geoscanner and such. Magazine size 1 to determine what damage the laser would deal, or what the mining laser would gather, or the geoscanner search for....

secondary, you could make a difference between single round Autocannon (with a differen mesh and gfx then now) and the gattling MGs which is visually already shooting like 10 rounds per cycle (for that change i would feed the small and medium MG with small rounds, lower production costs and size of small bullets)

later you can add variations of the EM guns using same mechanics (rapid fire railgun), PPC (no ammo), etc.

2. Damage Multiplier between "x1" and how many round consumed per shot
    for change 1, its already necessary to add the multiplier into the final damage calculation anyway. i would add here another random function to determine how many of those rounds shot deal damage.

that "tiny" change would open up many possibilities for new equip and different fit robots, without changing the whole game balance all together (well, except no ammo laser...)
[/serious post]

I hope noone fears that someone could see lasers that dont consume ammo as a "this is eve copy, since EvE was the first mmo that had LASER weapons!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: "tiny" change for damage calculation

*bump*

really, combat laser, mining laser, harvester and geoscanner should not consume ammo.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

while laser not consuming ammo is something I love from eve, it also allows macro users/bots to flourish as well.

So i'm kinda on the fence with this one at the moment.

4 (edited by Celebro 2012-10-23 14:57:56)

Geo-scanner has many uses, mining laser has different materials to mine, I don't know how the game is going to differentiate between them without charges.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Geo-scanner has many uses, mining laser has different materials to mine, I don't know how the game is going to differentiate between them without charges.

Well, same way its done in EVE with tuning your lasers with crystals towards a different damage type, without them beeing consumed in the process (at least the basic ones)

instead of "Ammo" the mining laser and geoscanner can switch between "tunings" that you can exchange on terrain. you could also call it a "Callibration Template"...

Kokomut wrote:

while laser not consuming ammo is something I love from eve, it also allows macro users/bots to flourish as well.

So i'm kinda on the fence with this one at the moment.

Tell me which part of the game currently prevents you from using bots and macros? IMHO its more or less the small playerbase and the rather non-existing reason to put that little bit programming effort necessary into a almost dead game, to make a self-efficient bot.

I mean, that little bit effort necessary to make a plasma-farming bot is a joke. with infinite ammo seeds in every alpha outpost or terminal, you dont even have to care about ammo shortages...

I gotta say I *** Love most of these suggestions, however LASER GUNS still should take ammo, and consume it.

Everything else Golden.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I would like those idea if it's possible to change, laser guns would be a touchy subject, too much imbalance between the factions, something Eve got wrong.

RIP PERPETUUM

well, it works fine in a universe called "Battletech"

also, dont forget my other topic about weapons....