1 (edited by Lupus Caeli 2012-10-18 06:57:41)

Topic: Chat text not seen

Occaisionally ppl typing in chat don't see what they typed.

I had this after a crash on terrain and have seen a couple of noobs figuring they had to pay to use chat ...

[07:27:07] <RazerCommander> I guess i gotta pay to talk

Re: Chat text not seen

Some more info would be welcome. Like, they type stuff, press enter, and the text will not show up in the channel?

Yes - that is the case  - when I had the problem I didn't see anything in the chat window but saw messages from the client in question and others user on a second client...

Is this the vicinity chat or channels?

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

5 (edited by Burial 2012-10-18 15:29:06)

I think I am talking about the same bug.

Sometimes when you log in you will not see yourself in the chat memberlist and also when this bug is happening and you type something, you will not see what you just typed after sending it to the server. Others see what you typed just fine. I'm not sure whether they see you on the online list or not, will get it confirmed next time it happens.

I've noticed it before the vicinity chat patch too and it's not specific to any chat channel. When this bug happens, all of the chat channels you are in will have the same issue. Relogging usually helps.

My theory is that it's either network lag or processing lag: out of curiousity, does this affect other in-terminal operation response time, like e.g. Agent search or market?

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

I'm not entirely sure but I think something else is affected too because I've noticed it sometimes not from chat but doing some operations.. sorry I can't give more information, I haven't turned much attention to it. I'll try to get some more data next time I see it happening.

As I say it only happened to me one time - before the patch - in corp chat. So not able to give further details on that ...

As for the noobs where I've seen them asking in GC or help about - they log out ...and don't come back so difficult to interrogate them smile

could be related: often first time i open the corporation management, it only lists my own two agents as members of the corp (the two agents that have been played on that perp client).
Happened to other corp members too...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I've been having this, or a similar problem for a week.

Randomly, I seem to get disconnected from all chat channels.  I can see myself in Corp, Squad etc,  but I cannot see what I type or what anyone else types.   This happens for my alts as well.