Topic: New Chatroom

How i can close the new Chatroom "Lokal"?
What is the purpose of this useless new chatroom?

If i want talk i use "General Chat".
I not need one more useless perma chatroom.

greeting Indy

2 (edited by Burial 2012-10-17 10:37:52)

Re: New Chatroom

It is to talk with people in your vicinity. Like you see some group doing some PVE for example, you can talk with each and every one of them without opening a private convo. It has others more sneaky uses too.

Vicinity chat

This is a new, special chat channel only visible when outside on the terrain. It's basically a local area chat, where everyone in the vicinity can talk to and hear each other freely, if they are in range of each other.

For determining this range, the same detection/masking system is used like for normal encounters. So if you can see someone on your radar/landmarks/etc., you will be able to see when he/she writes something into the vicinity chat. You can only have a conversation if you and your chat partner can mutually see each other. Incidentally, this also means that if you can see some guys but they can't see you, you can basically eavesdrop on their conversation without them noticing.

I like the idea of Vicinity chat. I can see it being really useful sometimes.

I would, however like to be able to opt out of all chat rooms.
No corp, no vicinity, no squad if I want to.

Why do I need to have certain chat channels open by default? After all, really important stuff like server reboots are displayed elsewhere in the client.

I have chat minimised most of the time anyways. I want to kill the chat window.

We shuld be able to separate these windows from each other i dont understand why we are still not able to do this??

How ever i acualy like the vicinty chat

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

We shuld be able to separate these windows from each other i dont understand why we are still not able to do this??

How ever i acualy like the vicinty chat

Yes, separate chat windows would be useful, but no option to turn it off. Same as terminal chat, which has always been there but no one complains.

RIP PERPETUUM

Only issue I have with mandatory chat windows is that when you have a lot of other chats open, you dont really see the names or the numbers on the tab very well. I'm rarely in some public chatroom anymore so that is somewhat fixed for me but beig able to drag the tabs to atleast seperate rows would be good.

Indy wrote:

How i can close the new Chatroom "Lokal"?
What is the purpose of this useless new chatroom?

If i want talk i use "General Chat".
I not need one more useless perma chatroom.

greeting Indy

greetings indy. you probably have missed the time when help and general chat have been above 600 members. the need for a range based chat isn't that obvious when you can count the playerbase on your hands.

and with all the alts around, im pretty sick of sending 20 PMs until getting a response from one guy of the group infront of me while i am NOT in general chat.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

8 (edited by Rex Amelius 2012-10-17 22:44:14)

Just requesting OPTION to turn it off.

I'm sure it's useful in some cases. Let me decide when it's useful for me.

Chat tabs get cluttered

Sparking to other games