Topic: Green, Yellow, Blue NPCs should fight each other

Another alteration that would add interest to the game would be to have the NPCs actually fight each other.  Seems I read in the lore that there is a war going on, and yet, the NPCs all seem to co-exist peacefully enough. 

Another player mentioned a desire to un-dock and feel as though they are in the middle of a war.  I agree.  Currently the only war is the one created by players, so it is completely absent on Alpha islands.  Thus, new players do not see much in the way of visual action except what they create themselves.

Regards,

SPoT

Re: Green, Yellow, Blue NPCs should fight each other

Something that happend in Tabula Rasa and was fun was that NPC-s randomly attacked outposts every now and then. Would be fun to see NPCs attack, lets say Alpha2 outposts every now and then. smile

Any light shows for the new player experiences would be good. Perhaps have random intrusions of one faction on another island. Perhaps roaming spawns can be tailored to this task. I don't know. Something...

Sparking to other games

there is another game in the making that adds all the sandbox PvE features that you could interprete as "Tabula Rasa +"

features i have been requesting for perpetuum PvE now for 2.5 years already... and yet, everytime they went a small step into that direction, there was a *** QQ from the afk-mining player and DEVs went 2 steps backward again, or turned it into another form of brainless grind feature (eg. raoming npcs -> observer kernels -> caravans)

on topic:

during the last two years the DEVs added more and more spawns to each island, which made the alpha islands look like completly neutral islands, since you could find all different kind of spawns just next to your terminal.
Then, at some point, they gave the islands their factional identity back, with blue islands mainly seeded with blue spawns, three green and one yellow. Same for other islands. There it made at least a bit more sense again.

Then, out of the blue, fuuu they reduced the total number of spawns for the dynamic ore spawn mechanic. Players complained that the world felt empty.

DEV solution: non-agression spawns everywhere on alpha, and mixing colors like 2 years ago again, making the NPC AI flaw perfectly visible: not only do they not attack the player, they are spawning green, blue and yellows within detection range of each others and not attacking anything on their own.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear