1 (edited by Celebro 2012-09-26 04:15:29)

Topic: Beta vs Gamma Living

Where is it preferable to live depending on your playstyle?...or is gamma lacking in PVE. Lets make a list of pros and cons.

Beta pros

Closer to alpha

Static as well as roaming spawns

Easier access to resources

Outposts are indestructible

Beta cons

No terraforming or colxium

Not as safe as gamma ( debatable)

resources stuck on static spawns

Intrusion is a pain

Gamma Pros

Terraforming and building galore

Can be made quite safe, only limited by your imagination

Colxium mining

Roaming spawns?

Gamma cons

Too walled up leads to poor resource access

No static spawns to farm.

Hauling is a pain from alpha

High risk of losing stuff and your valuable buildings.

No NPC buy orders.

RIP PERPETUUM

Re: Beta vs Gamma Living

Dev Calvin (if your still employeed) can you close this thread for lack of content or purpose.  Go away Zoom!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville, stop trolling my thread !

RIP PERPETUUM

did some one say trolling?

Good list of pros & cons tho. But i have to ask what prompted you to make this ?

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Mostly the lack of PVE in gamma roaming spawns are not enough, reward is rather low and most beacons are hard to solo.

Also, don't see enough players living there.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Also, don't see enough players living there.

If you don't see something behind the wall it's not means that there nothing to see tongue

7 (edited by Doek 2012-09-28 10:21:53)

Oh, resource spread does need some love doesn't it?

I'd say Gamma and Beta are fairly balanced content-wise. PVE on Gamma is somewhat unconventional, but highly effective and entertaining.

That is to say, Gamma is otherwise mostly an exercise in perpetuallity, seeing as building and upgrading a base can take forever of mining and building. I'd say that makes beta a choice, rather than where bums hang out to drink beer.

Yeah. Landers Bridge is pretty balanced.

Doek wrote:

PVE on Gamma is somewhat unconventional, but highly effective and entertaining.

well if you dont count the 2 observer groups that will not respawn after 10 mins like the other ones, then gamma pve is not very effective. yes you can optimise beacon farming, but that is very limited because you first have to have them. farming gamma npcs is not very effective. if i fit myself a heavy and a support bot i cvan make a bunch of nic and loot in a few hours. if i hunt doen a few hours roamim squads on gamme then i will have way less. traveling around the island is too much a pain in the ***. and even more if i go with a few corp mates to beta and look for the good T5 mob spawns then the money flows even better... pve on gamma is still not worth it (besides observer and beacons, and they are not realy that much avalible)

arent those gamma spwans just running in a defined circle around the island? so if you use Terraforming you can predict their position and control their traveling path ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

11 (edited by Celebro 2012-09-30 18:40:38)

Annihilator wrote:

arent those gamma spwans just running in a defined circle around the island? so if you use Terraforming you can predict their position and control their traveling path ?

What the point the loot aren't worth the trouble TBH. Unless they just passing by and you happen to be 'PVE ready' with support.

RIP PERPETUUM

Would like some more roaming spawns on gamma, not sure what the miners think thought. big_smile

It's not just miners, anyone with a base on gamma would often have to undock into a spawn unless turrets would be allowed to shoot them or the spawns would avoid bases.  Also it would look plain stupid to have an island full of robots just randomly running around.

+1
-Confucius

Burial wrote:

Would like some more roaming spawns on gamma, not sure what the miners think thought. big_smile

I dont find an issue with quantity, maybe slightly more with extra quality loot and 100% kernal drop chance.

RIP PERPETUUM

Kaldenines wrote:

Also it would look plain stupid to have an island full of robots just randomly running around.

if that would look plain stupid, what do you call then the situation on all non-gamma islands?  fuuu

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

16 (edited by Burial 2012-10-01 01:53:13)

I used to farm gamma spawns for a bit. They were a lot more fun then anything I could find on alpha but the constant running around and chasing them in my slowbot just grew into an issue. Shooting observers here and there is and will always be fun. smile More observer spawns please.

I really wonder when we will meet the real niani sentinent life form.

those islands we have discovered yet must be their scrapyards for defect breeds....

Burial wrote:

I used to farm gamma spawns for a bit. They were a lot more fun then anything I could find on alpha but the constant running around and chasing them in my slowbot just grew into an issue. Shooting observers here and there is and will always be fun. smile More observer spawns please.

Please dont even think abouth adding morre observer spawns.   Its no secret that they are bugged to hell and back.
They are not funn to kill they are just supidly easy to kill,  whit their current *** AI witch will make them stand their ground no matter were you shot them from or what obstacles u hide behind.

Tbh i dont even like the Observer consept,  its ment as a group activity whit fairly *** reward.   I think Observers shuld be rare spawns and have a Random factor for witch they spawn and despawn
And remove their supidly hard to kill and omfg im Dying dps factors.  ppl shuld feel that they found some thing awsome that they can reward them selfs whit for finding.

Atm u find them in artifacts whit diffrent size spawns they alredy run around the ilands 2x spawns whit 24h respawn rate on all ilands

Gamma islands in nutshell