Topic: Starter, standard interface for newbies

Can we have for new players standard,starter interface on?

I just would like to know what do you think about this idea, many times can help for new players when he already have the interface "on".

So I would like to see that can happen or not.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Re: Starter, standard interface for newbies

Actually, the interface introduction is one of the better tutorials. But it's somewhat messy, so instead, I'd say less random default positions/sizes for the windows.

standard position... hard to make when you have to react to a whole list of possible resolutions.

like the one suggested by the one that gave inda the idea to post this here, would not fit on my secondary screen at all - i would end up with either all of them overlapping, or out of the screen placement.

I agree with Inda that the main windows (modules, targeting computer, landmarklist and Radar) should open by default, regardless of Tutorial.

The interface tutorial can be rewritten, so you have to close all terrain windows first, wich would create the "status" to begin with...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

well even if you have a big list of resolutions, if you dont go for a algorithm tht will adjust to that then you have to do it for every resolution seprately. may be work of a hout or two but worth if new player will not quit because there is too much input from the beginning.
you also have to take into consideration that new players that are not beginner gamers in general will just close the tutorial because they think they know it all. even if you are a veteran eve player and you will be familiar with a lot of things here you still will miss a lot if you dont go through the tutorial. and yes 80-90% will be boring for you, but the other stuff willl be essential.