Topic: Patch 17-Sep-2012

When there is a patch and the server goes down for some hours all the SAP times seem to shift into the future by about the time the server was offline.

Can someone confirm whether this is actually the case?

If so, can one of the DEVs please post the amount of time the server was offline to give us a chance to calculate the new SAP times.

Re: Patch 17-Sep-2012

SAP times are not shifted, they are simply not generated for the duration of the patch. Once the server goes up, the times are generated again randomly, so you can't really calculate it.

DEV Zoom wrote:

SAP times are not shifted, they are simply not generated for the duration of the patch. Once the server goes up, the times are generated again randomly, so you can't really calculate it.

Ok, so let me understand this. All SAP times stay the same but for those SAPs which occur during downtime the next SAP time is only generated on server reboot. This means that two SAPs on the same outpost could potentially be more than 16 hours apart if a SAP is due in downtime. Is that right?

What about emergency phase timers on Gamma stations? Same gig, the defence/offence window time doesn't change?

I guess if crucial SAPs/emergency phase occur during DT then its just hard luck. Seems much harder luck for Gamma though. Massive pain in the proverbial if you ask me. Ho Hum.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

Ok, so let me understand this. All SAP times stay the same but for those SAPs which occur during downtime the next SAP time is only generated on server reboot. This means that two SAPs on the same outpost could potentially be more than 16 hours apart if a SAP is due in downtime. Is that right?

That's correct.

Gamma terminal emergency phases are not affected by this in any way.

Players should not be able to post in this forum (or at least with approval by mods). This thread is the living proof. I went in thinking there would be some patchnotes or w/e, but found out some off-topic, NOTHING to do with todays patch.

(moved and done)