Topic: New player experience,disussion and suggestions

I started playing in the open beta and joined a corporation right away so really, i always had help and a group to rely on. However, i still have one idea to share. Im also hoping others might have ideas? The steam greenlight is already bringing new players in,and if perpetuum gets greenlit i can only imagine that it will continue to be so.

My idea is basically for an easier way to reach out to new players for corporations.
Basically just make use of existing ingame features (Corporation bulletin perhaps?) and allow the CEO of a corporation to send out a mass mail to all players not in a corporation. This can be used to send out large recruitment information messages. Since the corporation tab goes unused when you are not in a corporation,it sort of make sense to have a sort of "corporation news/advertising" feature there for members who are freelancing or members in an NPC corp.

To avoid abuse by someone spamming, i suggest creating two subsections, with one being "news" and the other "recruitment" within the bulletin. Limit CEO's to a max of 1 posting in each section per day.
This would add to the atmosphere i think and serve as a great way for new players to read about corporation warfare and news on who did what,when. It will also allow corporations to reach out to recruits via another venue.

I know there is a recruitment channel, but they can easily co-exist, and the added feature of having corporation news definetly fits into the game and its lore. Why wouldnt player corporations post about their efforts and success,in a war of the words sort of thing to win over potential recruits? Some guys might even start a dedicated news corp on the side to make use of the feature, wich also just adds to the atmosphere. You might also have some corps posting player guides and tips, followed by a "For more,join us" type of thing.

If people have ideas especially relating to the new player experience please share them here. And consider this a light discussion. Just because something is written here doesnt mean it will be added into the game if you dont pour gasoline on the poster and light him or her on fire. smile

Re: New player experience,disussion and suggestions

I know you mean it in a good way, but letting corporations mass-spam newbies is a big no-no smile

But if I understand it right, what you wish for is already in-game in a slightly different form.
Namely the extended corporation search under the search window. Corporations can set their own profile and preferences, and you can search for them with the right filters there.

Though truth be told, we haven't received much feedback on this feature since it was implemented, and no idea if it's actually used or not.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I know you mean it in a good way, but letting corporations mass-spam newbies is a big no-no smile

But if I understand it right, what you wish for is already in-game in a slightly different form.
Namely the extended corporation search under the search window. Corporations can set their own profile and preferences, and you can search for them with the right filters there.

Though truth be told, we haven't received much feedback on this feature since it was implemented, and no idea if it's actually used or not.

that feature actually means that the new player have to find their way to the actual list there,
which also means, they have to actively search a corp.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I did suggest limiting it to one post per day/CEO only ,and under the corporation bulletin wich goes largely unused when you are freelancing. This way it wouldnt spam newbies nor would it clutter their playfield or ping their mailbox. smile

I dont think this should be implemented. Although I do believe the current feature needs some work, and maybe a relocation of where it is placed ingame. Maybe placed in the actual Corporation Tab. They'll think, "Hmm need to join a Corporation, where would that be? Oh the Corporation Tab"

But Karl, I understand wat you mean and would like to see happen, and I do agree, but I believe the Number 1 problem for this feature being "dead" is due to the CEO's of Corporations. They spend most of the time just picking selected Noobies that they see and would like to help, which then tends to lead to a Corp Recruitment, or they just Spam the Recruit Channel.

Pro's for your idea: You can tell abit about your Corporation using your own words.
Con's for your idea: Alot of people don't like reading through tons of junk.

Pro's for the current Feature: It's quick, simple, and easy to work. Gets you what you are looking for.
Con's for the current Feature: Not able to write your own words for your Corporation, location for the function isnt in a appropiate place.

Solution: Keep the current Feature but, move the feature to a better location, and add a Text Box below all the choice selections to add that extra kick to make people impressed with your Corporation.

But once again, if any of this gets changed, the only way it will be more active, IS up to the CEO's and how they intend to utilize what is there to use. I do believe that with a few tweaks to this system, to make it abit more appealing, then it will be used and utilized to its fullest.

My 2 Cents, NQ.