Topic: Static Ore Spawn

So how soon are we going to revert back to Static Ore Spawns? I have logged back in on occasion to only see the market dead. Static Ore spawns are win for a player seeded market that manufactures.

Seriously get it right, it doesnt work no matter from what angle you look at it.

ps: My login became Dynamic due to the patch, it was Static before patch go figure.:P

Re: Static Ore Spawn

works pretty fine. does not just for ppl that dont want to adjust themself to the new mechanic in my opinion.

yes 15min miners will have a problem, but that they will not solve the market problem anyway. if there is demand then there will be supply if the playerbase will keep rising.

war actually helps fuel the market smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

4 (edited by Celebro 2012-09-13 11:31:52)

Rockshok wrote:

So how soon are we going to revert back to Static Ore Spawns? I have logged back in on occasion to only see the market dead. Static Ore spawns are win for a player seeded market that manufactures.

Seriously get it right, it doesnt work no matter from what angle you look at it.

ps: My login became Dynamic due to the patch, it was Static before patch go figure.:P

+1 My login turned dynamic too. The problem for me is not the dynamic ore spawn idea, it's the way it has been implemented with fields of so poor quality, and the frequency it moves.

Revert back please, or change something, seriously!

RIP PERPETUUM

Personally I'd like to see static spawns on all Alpha islands with dynamic on Beta and Gamma.

This would make life easier for new players and producers on Alpha, and make Gamma and Beta 'safer' in that no-one can camp a specific 'fixed' spawn site.

This also aids 'casual' players  - they don't need to traipse for 15-20 minutes of their short play time simply to find the next ore spawn.

By the time new players want to mine on Beta/Gamma they should have gained enough in-game experience/help to learn how to use directional scanner charges.

i have to agree that the amount of ore in the fields could be bigger in most cases. field were indeed way bigger in old times. this is a bit a annoying but no gamebreaker.

Lupus Caeli wrote:

This would make life easier for new players and producers on Alpha, and make Gamma and Beta 'safer' in that no-one can camp a specific 'fixed' spawn site.

What would prevent veteran players also mine the much more convenient fixed spawns on alpha, essentially making the lives of new players even harder?

Spawns are good as they are now. Market is dead by other reasons.

9 (edited by Goffer 2012-09-13 13:17:43)

First: My market is not dead. I do buy and sell orders and have enough transactions.

Second to the static vs dynamic ore spots I see pro and cons for both.
As I allready expected direct after introduction of dynamic spots, my time spend on mining dropped significant. If I have 60 mins online time, it is not reasonable to search next ore spot, drive there scan, mine and haul home. With static spots it was normal for me to mine even if I knew I'm only 30-45 min online.
For member of larger corps the situation changes, as it is no deal to join a mining op.

On the other hand there is now a reason to be good in geoscanning. In older times, I used no geoscanner in 9 out of 10 mining ops at all, which was not as intended I guess.

And the dynamic spawn now has a better scaling of mineral spots to miners on the field. With static spots I remember times when spots where always in light green until after each patch they were filled again to red.

+1 to OP except Beta needs to go back static too.  Mining is a necessary evil for me, I just hate the extra time it takes to find it.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Mining is boring as hell by it is. Searching for nodes makes it a little funnier at least.

Here is an another opinion - make every says 5 mining cycles decreasing a terrain to says 1m on all the island types, restoring back in some period - that will make us feel that we are actually mining, not just select tile, click on modules, wait, repeat on other tile. As additional, we will need to plan our mining, making a quarries etc. OT but still.

can I have 1 of each type of ore statically spawned next to my gamma and beta plz big_smile big_smile big_smile

J/K ... i think the current ore system is a necessary evil of player built settlements other wise you would scan an island and build bases around ore fields. ...

i like that i can completely wipe a field and hunt for a new one., .. or if some one left a small amount in one then i can finish it and get a bran new one ...

i dont like waiting 2 weeks for a static field to regenerate

2 cents donated ...

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux your talking about Gamma, we are refering to alpha and beta.

If static spawns returns on aplha all new players will suffer cause of huge mining fleets from gamma corps, what will think new players on termises when 8-10 Mk2 rivellers wipe whole spot in one hour.

Static spawns will make the game worse. You don't want to make the game worse.

Industrial Sector wrote:

Spawns are good as they are now. Market is dead by other reasons.

+1

Difficulty in getting T4 research and the population is the cause.  Population is slowly improving though.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

dunno what the problem is -
finding an ore deposit takes not much longer then before. you log in and follow the arrows until your at the mining location -> start mining.

thats not much different then "logging in, driving to fixed mining location, start mining".

even if you log out on the terrain, you can either start mining in that location again, if noone mined it out yet, or you hit your geoscanner and follow arrows to next deposit again.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

dunno what the problem is -
finding an ore deposit takes not much longer then before.

I stopped here Anni. 

Really Anni?  Really?

really.

before i had to check which ore deposit has already refilled enough to be minable. with CIR, NEBS, M2S, STC, .... and whatever big corp all power-mining on Tellesis, i always had to SEARCH.

atm, i take my riv and find a deposit right on.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

really.

before i had to check which ore deposit has already refilled enough to be minable. with CIR, NEBS, M2S, STC, .... and whatever big corp all power-mining on Tellesis, i always had to SEARCH.

atm, i take my riv and find a deposit right on.

Yeah right, and it's always full of red tiles?

RIP PERPETUUM

21 (edited by Annihilator 2012-09-16 20:05:38)

whats your obsession with red tiles?

have you ever done a before<> after patch comparison how much ore is in one red tile, and how much of that ore you need in production process.

if yes, then please share, if the result is the same and i have to care about finding RED tiles

red tile pre-systemchange: Titan ore ~700k

22 (edited by Celebro 2012-09-16 20:15:36)

Annihilator wrote:

whats your obsession with red tiles?

have you ever done a before<> after patch comparison how much ore is in one red tile, and how much of that ore you need in production process.

if yes, then please share, if the result is the same and i have to care about finding RED tiles

I'll settle for orange ones, but hard to find that too in a field I can mine for a few hours.  They are pretty small even when not chewed out by others, so then I spend time moving away from the field in order for the arrow to point another direction, so much fun. To top it off, those yellowish tiles with my skills and nexus and -4 sec cycle times with 2 max out rivs its a pain to manage with ores, I need a good field, to actually make it worth my time, nothing to do with production lol.

Edit: Mining supposed to be relaxing time with a few beers stop trying to make it 'fun' it can't be done, its mining.
among other stuff bye perp. sad

RIP PERPETUUM

23 (edited by Celebro 2012-09-16 20:30:56)

And yes Anni I have done a before and after patch comparison no need for numbers, the experience is what I am interested and its very different.

RIP PERPETUUM