Topic: START doing a Nightly Maintenance reboot on your server!!!

your server run like ***.

Re: START doing a Nightly Maintenance reboot on your server!!!

Explain?

I approve of this well thought out & articulated thread

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

might be a problem - when is it night on a worldwide server?

And how would nightly maintenance work here? It's not EVE and even that game does it for other reasons.

6 (edited by Celebro 2012-09-12 12:04:04)

You do fail to understand the server is not next to your PC, I would assume is thousands of miles away, and all those connections along the way causes problems too.

RIP PERPETUUM

7 (edited by Zortarg Calltar 2012-09-12 13:20:13)

for me the server runs pretty well with a lag under 50ms most of the time.
but yes i am in europe and i am sitting on a decent connection (25000k).
most of nebs guys are from the US so this is quite a bit further away wich most likely is the reason why you are having issuses, if local problems are not involved as well.

im in Australia so unless you live in the back end of africa or asia i probably have the worse average ping out of all of us lol. thats the great thing about perpetuum is it doesnt need a reboot every day. The flow of the game has at times been un-interrupted for weeks!

perhaps as others have said its a problem on your end or the space in between.

BUT due to the fact that only 5year olds would envy your L33t posting skills we may never know.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

I agree with this there needs to be a daily reboot of the server to clear cache and hopefully prevent it from bogging down. It seems to gradually get slower as time goes on. I can verify that is happens to people at the same time from different countries so I would doubt that it is ISP related. Unless it’s the ISP that the server is connected to. I think the server would run much smoother if it had a chance to reset every night … there is evidence out in the gaming community that this daily maintenance is not only good for the server but helps keep players happy because they don’t have to deal with clunky laggy areas (or whole game) of the game.

time of reboot could be any selected time ( would be best if it was the time the devs got in the office ) so if there were issues they could address them during their working day.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

daily downtime is a bit much for a 24h worldwide mmo...

weekly probably would be enough...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

General Channel is working fine enough. No restarts needed.