Topic: Tag based search

IMHO the Market window would profit pretty much from adding a tag based search/filter

Currently you have to search for each item individually, in countless subfolders in the already long list of main folders. Thats very unconfortable, even if you know where you find each item.

The filter is only partially helpfull, since you cannot sellect ALL folders, and there is hardly a name part that you can filter to get for example all robots, weapons and ammo of the same faction at once listed.

"search tags" would be something that could be added to filter by more aspects then the names, ignoring the tree structure of the market (or your assets !)

example tags: T1-T4, Weapon, blue, magnetic, laser, missile, green,

right off the batch the question to DEVs:
- would it be much work?
- would you want to have more concrete suggestion how to integrate it into the interface visually?
- would you want to revamp or improve the market interface at all?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Tag based search

+1

+1

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I like.
Maybe have a quality of life thread. There's a lot of niceties that would make our lives better.

i could do a all-in-one topic for each "gameplay quality" idea i have... but then its harder to move it into "resolved" category of the forums wink

Btw, the background behind this idea is - to make the market window better, without rewriting it completely, and perhaps removing something that someone may have liked that way it is now. (i bet some linux nerds would prefer a command-line based interface...)

I cannot highlight this fact enough, since the past has shown how things in perp got always changed in an absolute matter. (all or nothing) - as seen with Int 2.0 or minor things like the terrain overlay for geoscan results.

just looking on old screenshots or youtube vids, i start to miss the old HUD, which was also changed, and never reviewed again. (also brings up the question why the two cannot coexist at the same time).

I can also see why this request here could be more then a "small task", since all of the hundeds of items ingame would need to be manually reviewed, their tags added and probably all tags translated into all released languages....
For me as non-programmer, its just a string added to each item, containing all tags seperated with " ; " big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear