1 (edited by Annihilator 2012-08-12 09:16:22)

Topic: Laden weight - can we have it back?

!!! THIS IS NOT ABOUT CARGO AFFECTING SPEED !!!
Can we have it back and giving it a meaning?

My Idea would be the following robot parameters:

Robot Max speed =
Robot Mass =
Robot Laden weight =

From Empty robot up to laden weight the robot would always run his max speed. The only way to exceed it, would be speed nexus and highway buff.

if you Robot Mass + Equipment Mass > Laden weight, your slowed down
LWF loweres your Robots Empty Mass so you can fit more mass before reaching laden weight.

Laden weight of every robot is based on a a standard combat fit, with all slots filled. Since T3 and T4 modules have more mass then T1, it would slow you down.

*edit: in line with this change, mass values of modules should be reviewed again. like some modules got exceptional high mass values, just to slow down light ewars that fit them.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

2 (edited by Sundial 2012-08-11 16:16:42)

Re: Laden weight - can we have it back?

Annihilator wrote:

Can we have it back and giving it a meaning?

My Idea would be the following robot parameters:

Robot Max speed =
Robot Mass =
Robot Laden weight =

From Empty robot up to laden weight the robot would always run his max speed. The only way to exceed it, would be speed nexus and highway buff.

if you Robot Mass + Equipment Mass > Laden weight, your slowed down
LWF loweres your Robots Empty Mass so you can fit more mass before reaching laden weight.

Laden weight of every robot is based on a a standard combat fit, with all slots filled. Since T3 and T4 modules have more mass then T1, it would slow you down.

Define a standard combat fit. Would that include plates / hardeners / medium reppers for armor mechs?

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

speed=robot_max_speed-(((robot_max_speed*0,25)/100)*((robot_current_cargo*100)/robot_max_cargo))

robot_max_speed - your current max speed based on robot and fittings (lwf, plates, etc)
robot_current_cargo - your current cargo volume, U
robot_max_cargo - your robot cargohold size, U
0,25 - speed max penalty (25%), can be different for different robots, but not necessary.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

no line, cargo affecting speed was once in, and it sucked badly. im not talking about cargo in this topic, im talking about fittings.

Sundial:

going to edit my initial post. IMHO there are to many parameters per item affecting its balance. IMHO Head and legslot modules should have a unified mass at T1, with some exceptions.

Right now, most headslot module mass is ranging between 100 and 150 kg per module.
For me a standard fit is what the most common NPC found of that type has. (aka, Grunt, Havoc, Prometheus...)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Actually I'm still missing the point of improvement against the actual system, that cargo load has no impact, but the weight of each equipped modules decreases the max bot speed with the lighter a bot, the more impact is given by each module.

Anni, your system will affect lights/assaults more than mechs/hmechs, or vice versa, depending on modules mass review. That will be bad for balancing.

As a part of possble solution, we can have small/medium separation on ALL modules, but that will need alots of changes and rebalancing aswell. Says, EWar strength and resist should be different for lights/assaults and mechs/hmechs, like we have it with EnWar atm. That may be ok, but it leads to even more class separation, making lights/assaults more useless against mechs/hmechs, and vice versa. Do we really need that?

7 (edited by Annihilator 2012-08-12 09:44:10)

This topic is linked to LWF discussion and LIGHT BOT usage discussion.

Example, Castel:

• 1 electronics , 4 weapon, 2 engineering slots

• Empty speed: 84 kph

• T1 launcher, tuning, repair and light armor plate 62 kph

• with the requested system above, it would still run 84 kph

• counting in that lwf wont increase your speed above your robots max, all robots base-speed could be adjusted to empty-with-lwf, which means standard fit castel would run 120.

as comparison: my t4 fit artemis with a LWF and all slots filled runs 69 kph.

Note: this would improve the gameplay tenfold, since the fitting possibilites for pvp would be more, the player retention would be better (ah, this game is sooo slow) and LWFs would become an option, not a must have.

Line: yes, it would affect light bots more then heavies, for the fact that light bots will ALWAYS run faster and could actually outrun the heavies without lowereing their already low HP even more.

OR you can fit small shield and hit size reductir on your castel and get not that fast, but close to invincible bot. Main question is - why do you need fast plated lights at all? Whats their purpose?

Quick question, how will it improve the game?

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

more fitting choices (much more)