Topic: Spec Ops Change

With the recent change to spec ops [1% from 2%] and the fact that its high complexity and low requirement to acceess all ewar [level4] means this extension is no long of any ep/% value past 4.

This is because previously the ep/% mean it was viable and useful to level this to 7+ in some cases along side accumulator expansion. But now level 5 has a higher ep/% then level even the lower levels of the expansion skills. And thats with full attributes in that area [complexity 8].

For this skill to be balanced again it needs a reduction in complexity if you are unwilling to leave it at 2%. Otherwise you have a dead extension because its cheaper and more beneficial to concentrate purely on accumulator expansion now.

Freelance Agent/Merc Suppling All With The NIC For The Job

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

Re: Spec Ops Change

agreed +1

This is an enabler extension just like the faction robot control extensions with their 1% rate of fire and rank 9 . It is never meant to learn high, it saved up for later ew content. To make your accu stable there are already extension with lower rank.

"Rock is OP. Paper is okay." - Scissors

ok that maybe true, but 1% will never make you stable, and it still takes 6 months to 10 those low complexity extensions. Also as an enabler level 4 to access all the ewar isnt much of a extension.

980X XSPC Cooling, ASUS RoG Rampage Extreme III, 12 GB Corsair Dominator DHX 2000Mhz w/Cooling Unit, 2x GTX 580 SLi, Creative Titanium Fatailty Championship w/ IO panel, 2x 128Gb SSD, 4x 1.5Tb hdd, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU - Multi-BootOS

actually, i expect that extension to change in the near future to need level 2 for small ewar bot, and an even smaller bot implemented that needs level 1.

perhaps, at some point we get NEXUS bots that need special ops. extension too, but higher levels of it.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

well hopefully, its pretty useless right now, even if its an enabler, you only need 4 to enable everything, and then its not worth investing ep in it to become 'stable' anymore because its just to rubbish

So everyone that specced it past 4 has wasted points and no respec for it. Your in customer service now. Dissatisfied customers leave bad reviews and quit the game. Don't wait too long on a respec, it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

8 (edited by GLiMPSE 2010-12-03 19:49:58)

Lege wrote:

So everyone that specced it past 4 has wasted points and no respec for it. Your in customer service now. Dissatisfied customers leave bad reviews and quit the game. Don't wait too long on a respec, it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

Rabble rabble rabble....

I want a refund on missles too because you changed them...

Gimme a break bud -- ***'s going to change, roll with the punches or reroll... oh wait no reason to reroll because you didn't lose anything that you would gain by rerolling on the same account.

Some people spread sheet their characters to be the best and they broke them with this change. No respec = no respect, which is a deeper issue. One of my friends is already thinking about quitting over this change. I'm fine with things changing, just give respecs when you do.

I won't quit over this change, BUT i do think that it is a major pain the way its turned out [already have it at 4 and will leave it at this till the ep/% is effcient again].

As i may not spreadsheet my extension builds but i do look at my ep/% so i spend my TIME wisely when it comes to ep per performance gain, because we are paying for tht time. Like i said this change makes this enabler a nothing extension. 4 is enough to enable you to drive all ewars, and thats all you SHOULD get if you have any sense at this point. This is because Accumulator expansion now works out cheaper past 3 and more effcient all the way to 10 then spend ep past 4 on this [as a ewar pilot/nexus/support pilot you will want all the acc regen you can get] because a unspec'd pilot [combat] takes 6 months to max these, yet before hand it made sense to add this to the mix.

either way alf has decided that this is best for balance so thats the end of it. Time to just brace for the epic energy manage/acc expan grind to compensate for the 5-10% drop [which adds up to 10-34 days more ep into accumulator management].

Agreed, while it was viable as a high lvl skill before with the changes i see no reason to put any ep into it except for what i need.

The only thing that worries me is that further, more drastic, changes are made to extensions or robot bonuses that will completely throw off a build without any sort of chance to recoup the losses. I hope there will be options to reset extensions that are changed much from what they were when purchased.

I have only 1 point in spec ops, which I am using, so no loss for me right now but this still seems a bit of a kick in the teeth for others.

If there would be a drastic change of an extension (like changing what it does completely),
you will get the whole EP spent on that extension back.

This change was IMHO not "drastic" enough, since it still does what the description told you:
Its a prerequisite for Ewar bots and mechs. The additional bonus was reduced by 50% to bring it back in line with the other "enabler" extensions in the same group.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Steeldragonz wrote:

well hopefully, its pretty useless right now, even if its an enabler, you only need 4 to enable everything, and then its not worth investing ep in it to become 'stable' anymore because its just to rubbish

I agree, respec should be available in the game.

The Enclave - No drama!  No prisoners!