Topic: PVP in July

So far for PVP in July 2012 Midterm
Jasdemi is legitimately leading the kill boards with 30 Kills.
June 2012
Lemon 64 Kills.
May 2012
Ville 54 big_smile
April 2012
Risaan 112
March 2012
Supremeghandi 102
Feb 2012
Mark Zima 82 Kills

So what do these numbers tell us?  Well basically it looks like the pvp is being cut in HALF since the expansion.  Props to the people going out there blowing *** up and having fun, and hopefully we can look forward to seeing more of this in the near future.

And for those of you that ever wondered to what Ville listens too while pvping here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE0pwJ5PMDg

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

2 (edited by Rex Amelius 2012-07-16 20:58:24)

Re: PVP in July

Ville wrote:

And for those of you that ever wondered to what Ville listens too while pvping here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE0pwJ5PMDg

* attaches to Ville's head

Sparking to other games

PvP requires more than one player.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Hadn't had much issues with finding PVP since I came back. At all. If Syndic keeps undocking his Riveler Mk2 under our noses that's not going to stop anytime soon.

Beer helps too.

Grats on all the corps going out there and getting it done, looks like July ended with a BANG!  104 Kills for top corperation!  Great Job guys!

A SAW member has recently claimed able to jump into another dimension exactly like our own, except SAW doesn't exist there. He reports AIG's gamma surrounded by 80+ turrets, he claims they left the game from boredom after no one showed up for 2 weeks. He also claims ville as the leader of the kb with 11 kills, all on Hershfield.

Long live SAW!

An M2S member recently had a dream that there was an island in the game owned by a man called Arga.  On that island there were 1km high solid walls exactly 2km from each teleport.  The tops of the walls were lined with buildings in such a way that they could not be teraformed down and the building could not be shot.  In one place the wall was narrow so that materials could be passed between cans.  Ore and plant merchants would bring foreign goods from far away lands and exchange them for high tire items and other commodities.  He dreamt that he alone was granted access to the island.  This is how he described it...

"Be not afeard; the isle is full of noises,
Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again: and then, in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open and show riches
Ready to drop upon me that, when I waked,
I cried to dream again."

+1
-Confucius

I miss Arga sad

Wait, so even Arga never finished the tech tree?

+1
-Confucius

Arga along with others have stated this time and time again.  I don't want to play a game where things are immediately changed because someone gets a notion that 2 monthes into it, it may or may not be what they envisioned.  Arga was a casuality of the 2K radius fallout.  Sad too, but his disappointment with the gamma expansion was a shared response more and more with the corperation while things are changing rapidly because someone lost some shape to a sand castle.  Things like Knee Jerk Arkhe nerfs, Radius's on Gamma, broken finacial things, and punishment to the first person to ever do something creative in this game.  It's so sad but its true.  I really really like this game but to see General chat dropping to the 20s in what used to be the "peak" times just make me want to log off and go play something else too.

Ville wrote:

Arga along with others have stated this time and time again.  I don't want to play a game where things are immediately changed because someone gets a notion that 2 monthes into it, it may or may not be what they envisioned.  Arga was a casuality of the 2K radius fallout.  Sad too, but his disappointment with the gamma expansion was a shared response more and more with the corperation while things are changing rapidly because someone lost some shape to a sand castle.  Things like Knee Jerk Arkhe nerfs, Radius's on Gamma, broken finacial things, and punishment to the first person to ever do something creative in this game.  It's so sad but its true.  I really really like this game but to see General chat dropping to the 20s in what used to be the "peak" times just make me want to log off and go play something else too.

Get back to AFK liquizit mining big_smile

They fixed the roaming spawns, its afk epi mining now.

Ville wrote:

Go play DayZ dude .. thats what i have been doing smile But i hear ya. I just wish i had saved the logs of the IRC convo i had with Gargaj back when the test server was up when i said they (the devs) would end up nerfing the 530m (ish) build range around TPs.

but so many have stopped playing this game im not sure if ill bother resubbing in 3 months time hmm

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

27 in general chat during US timezone, looks like I will be finding a new addiction

This game is more than good enough as it is, if only we had enough players actually playing. Only thing I would ask is keep listening to your players as you have been doing recently, specially the new ones coming along.

RIP PERPETUUM

Ville wrote:

27 in general chat during US timezone, looks like I will be finding a new addiction

Last night there were 12 people in GC when I logged in.

The thing is for me isn't only the number of people playing, its the fact that the game has had the same PvP/PvE mechanic wise for so long. Since the shield reballancing  patch there hasn't been anything added to the game that appeals to me PvP mechanic wise. We have had no new robots, no new modules besides a few tuners, no changed mechanics outside electrostatic disperation changes. Yes there is PBS but it seems after the first war settled nearly all players doing that content have stopped playing, so that content is not really accessible anymore. Mining/Harvesting were improved, but those are secondary activities for me. After you do the same thing so many times with no changes, it just gets boring.

The gamma expansion didn't really drive conflict / limit resources nor did it seem like it was designed to. You basically went out to an island, built a fortress and then wondered what to do next. The initial balancing caused everyone to wall themselves in effectively limiting PvP opportunities to big groups only. With little to no conflict happening there is no reason to farm, mine, or do any PvE type activities. This is when I lost my desire to login. Something has to drive conflict... only carebears are consent to just sit around and mine all day.

Just my two cents anyway.

I didn't recognize any names so I admit I went to bed.  As it is I'm having trouble remembering how to play. lol

did notice apparently I wtb corp though winklol

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.

Well, if you wouldn't mind Spanish... roll

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

No hablo muy bien hmm

----
I play MMOs. I need a signature which is deep, thought provoking, and devours bandwidth with the voracity of rabid weasels. It is also, by nature, vaguely sad with a tinge of my obvious internal, unfathomable loneliness. Like this, sad  , but at 1.3megs packed into 2 by 6 inches. ANIMATED.