1 (edited by Hunter 2012-07-11 09:22:39)

Topic: Gamma intrusions.

Preamble: It is sad, but the fact we have only one way to protect your base. For protecting you need the same squad as the enemy. Defense structures can not pursue the enemy, and therefore it is possible to systematically search for the key to the destruction of the base. The problem of linearity increases with the prime time.
That is: To protect the base, you need to have a strong defense squad 24/7. No matter how much effort you spent on the construction of the base. This is the only way. The current online is low, so the problem is not so evident. But when will start the wars 1000 vs 1000 it will become obvious.
It is stupid to try balance the game, modules, and the buildings for a different online. Personally, I think that it is necessary to implement a concept which does not depend on anything. The system should work with 10 ppl and over 9000 online.
For such realization we need to decide the approximate scenario of intrusion.
1) First invasion: The attackers should declare their intentions.
Of course the attackers will come to get some fun. But destroying of the whole base is unacceptable.
So there need the destroying some structures but the base should keep some defensive potentialities.
2) A little break. Defenders receive the signal that need to organize defense.
3) Big fight between attackers and defenders. If defenders wins then it's ok. If not - the next point.
4) In case of successful attack and destroying of the defense squad, it should be able to continue destroying of the base. But also should be able to protect the base with material/money (expensive).

Idea:
I ask for DeV's to remove stupid reinforcement.
Instead of reinforcement need to implement overload (enrage) and emission (peaceful) phases.
Overload:
After atack/destroying of the first building should be activated the alarm. In the same time starts activation of the overloading mode. Activation should take ~15-20 minutes. After that the buildings highly increases its resists, repairing, DPS, range etc (also maybe remained facilities and main terminal should activate turrets on its board). This phase should eat very high amount of energy.
After discharging of reactors and batteries the base should be able for next attacks. Of course should be able to prolong overloading phase with energy cells. This is nonlinearity factor. Even peaceful miners should have ability to def their base. With resources as well. (Else why need to mine?)
Also should be able to deactivate overloading mode (i think it should be able immediately).

Emission mode.
Nobody helped, defense squad destroyed, energy cells spent and so on. Intruders can to start the tasty phase - destroying the base.
1) Should be able to deconstruct some buildings.
2) Should remain facilities.
3) Should not be able to recreate defense system. The next and last battle for the base should be squad vs squad. Without defense buildings.

...That's why it called emission phase. After destroying defense/repair/buff/relay systems the players will be able to atack main terminal. But instead of reinforcement (imho) should start huge emision of interference with radius 2-3 km. In the emision zone will be impossible to lock anything. Also i liked the buff from the arena: discharging of accumulators.
During the emision will be impossible neither atacks nor mining/building/terraform etc. Only hauling and artifact searching.

P.S. I'm sorry for my bad English. I hope that you will try to understand my point. Here are no my interest to shift balance for my benefit.

TL;DR: There is no tl;dr. If you too lazy to read - it's better to leave this post.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Gamma intrusions.

no comments?

Why the crybabies wins?

How server should realise if it's a defence squad or not?

With no emergency state, what happens if the first building destroyed will be a Main Terminal?

Whats the purpose of turrets at all if you don't want them to defend?

Who will be affected by emission aura? How should it work if there is more than 1 corp have bases on that island, especially close to each other? Should they be affected too, and if yes, why?

Why do you think the current system is bad and how your one wil lbe better? Your initial state that tere is only one way to protect your base isn't actually true. Turrets and TF, if made tactically correct, allow you to protect your base even if your enemy have numbers advantage.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

4 (edited by Alexadar 2012-07-12 13:47:14)

I like this idea very much. Stupid reinforcement would be removed and true sandbox actions will happen; total control over a process.
Earlier i proposed to add stationary shield structures, what consumes alot of energy (+ some balance to prevent endless shielding) and can be used as emergency alarm mechanics.
Hunter's idea is different a bit, i disagree the proposal about phases, but i like the direction of it very much.

Hunter wrote:

TL;DR: There is no tl;dr. If you too lazy to read - it's better to leave this post.

My favorite part big_smile

the ground idea is very good. i like that a lot. but it might need some more thought, ballancing and fine tuning to work.

Line wrote:

With no emergency state, what happens if the first building destroyed will be a Main Terminal?

main terminal unattackable while alive any command relay.

Line wrote:

Whats the purpose of turrets at all if you don't want them to defend?

It's need to defend after reactor discharge.

Line wrote:

Who will be affected by emission aura?

All players.

Line wrote:

Why do you think the current system is bad and how your one wil lbe better? Your initial state that tere is only one way to protect your base isn't actually true. Turrets and TF, if made tactically correct, allow you to protect your base even if your enemy have numbers advantage.

well... i have myself opinion and it says that eve content should stay in eve.

Why the crybabies wins?

What happens if I'll build a Main Terminal and about 50 Reactors to compensate energy loss on emergency phase?

Line wrote:

What happens if I'll build a Main Terminal and about 50 Reactors to compensate energy loss on emergency phase?

Hunter wrote:

...starts activation of the overloading mode. Activation should take ~15-20 minutes. After that...

Why the crybabies wins?

That's not an answer

Hunter wrote:

After that the buildings highly increases its resists, repairing, DPS, range etc (also maybe remained facilities and main terminal should activate turrets on its board). This phase should eat very high amount of energy.

What if I will have enough reactors to compensate that "high amount of energy" this phase "eat"?

10 (edited by Hunter 2012-07-13 12:15:11)

There is a lot of ways and answers. For example:
- With increasing the quantity of reactors will be increased occupied territory. Infrastructure, its territory and energy consumption indreases as well. 50 reactors occupies 1,28 square kilometers. To defend this by perimeter need ~200 turets. each turrets have 3-5 incomming connections for busters and repairers. For each building need energy (more territory)
If enemies succesfully destroyed the key turrets - they will got good chance to destroy a lot of expencive buildings. Else need to create more and more repairers for it.
and so on.

Why the crybabies wins?

I don't like this idea, too complicated.  All I want to hear in the background is the sound of my slugs in my Mesmer Reloading!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I don't like this idea, too complicated.  All I want to hear in the background is the sound of my slugs in my Mesmer Reloading!

The changes will not touch you because of you on atack side.

Why the crybabies wins?

I just think that if you will be able to compensate energy losses on that phase, you can simply make your base close to invincible which isn't good.

But yes, system is interesting but too complicated.

Hunter wrote:
Ville wrote:

Oh really?  Where is Dream's Base at then?  Because I think the only ones providing a successful base defense is CIR.

Ville wrote:

Oh really?  Where is Dream's Base at then?  Because I think the only ones providing a successful base defense is CIR.

You answered on your question. That's good.

Why the crybabies wins?

big_smile <3

Ville wrote:
Hunter wrote:
Ville wrote:

We blew it up a bit.

It's rebuilt with more missle turrets.  We will be scheduling an event in the near future.

Gamma intrusions and general turret blowing up should drop more loot.

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

Gamma intrusions and general turret blowing up should drop more loot.

+1

21 (edited by Hunter 2012-07-30 12:51:00)

Trolls want more food.

What else it should drop? T4 fit? MK2 robots or its CT?

Why the crybabies wins?

Hunter wrote:

its CT?

This is an excellent Idea!  Hunter you brilliant!