Topic: Props to the Devs for latest addition - (Noob talking)

Way to go devs!

Adding the orange bots to the noob area is a LARGE step in the right direction!  I got so excited when I logged in to see the additions!

Ok now that you added some bots, which gives the perception there is a lot to do, think about how to HOOK the new player!

1. Is it possible to arrange the bots to be in a fake fight? Where they shoot at each other and hardly do any damage, creating an illusion of the base being under attack?  Add some turrets which shoot at the bots, create a nice picture of action!!!! 
   a.  If I logged in my first time and saw SOMETHING like this, then i would be so intrigued and more excited and interested!   

Now, Along with making it exciting... by creating an illusion of a live world... (for the most part)

1. Figure out how to seed the market with more affordable and a variety of items so that new people who arent sure they want to pay for the game can have a chance to customize their mech.
   a.  The new player needs to become attached to their character and feel a sense of ownership in their creativity!

Make them want to come back and pay for this!

Little farther out is the missions, you have to figure out how to either make them more exciting and more rewarding for the amount of travel they have to do... OR figure out how to make the travel less time consuming and boring!

So far so good, thanks for listening and Keep it up, you have a great game here.  Polish it up, then advertise and hook people!
General Arkangel

2 (edited by Gremrod 2012-07-19 00:14:22)

Re: Props to the Devs for latest addition - (Noob talking)

General ArkAngel wrote:

Way to go devs!

Adding the orange bots to the noob area is a LARGE step in the right direction!  I got so excited when I logged in to see the additions!

Ok now that you added some bots, which gives the perception there is a lot to do, think about how to HOOK the new player!

1. Is it possible to arrange the bots to be in a fake fight? Where they shoot at each other and hardly do any damage, creating an illusion of the base being under attack?  Add some turrets which shoot at the bots, create a nice picture of action!!!! 
   a.  If I logged in my first time and saw SOMETHING like this, then i would be so intrigued and more excited and interested!   

Now, Along with making it exciting... by creating an illusion of a live world... (for the most part)

1. Figure out how to seed the market with more affordable and a variety of items so that new people who arent sure they want to pay for the game can have a chance to customize their mech.
   a.  The new player needs to become attached to their character and feel a sense of ownership in their creativity!

Make them want to come back and pay for this!

Little farther out is the missions, you have to figure out how to either make them more exciting and more rewarding for the amount of travel they have to do... OR figure out how to make the travel less time consuming and boring!

So far so good, thanks for listening and Keep it up, you have a great game here.  Polish it up, then advertise and hook people!
General Arkangel

+1 - I really like the idea of turrets shooting and npcs shooting one another. It would do much for the setting on alpha 1 islands for new players entering the game the first time.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

grem - not only on alpha... per definition, in this sandbox the AI should be part of the game wink

AFAIK NPC vs. NPC mechanics are in the works (at least i hope it was more then just a test)

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

A theme park in the middle of my beach? gasp

Sure, why not. And have some yellow bots invading blue islands. Call it factional warefare.

Only kidding about the name. Anything that gets noobs excited is a plus as long as the sand surrounding the park remains.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

A theme park in the middle of my beach? gasp

Sure, why not. And have some yellow bots invading blue islands. Call it factional warefare.

Only kidding about the name. Anything that gets noobs excited is a plus as long as the sand surrounding the park remains.

Yup Yup gotta get those newbs in the game!

Also, Consider having Heavy Mechs protecting the alpha bases, and have many mechs attacking them,... make people think there in the middle of a warzone or something when they log in...

It  would be cool seeing syndicate heavy mechs making circles around the terminals poping enemy npcs.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

+ 1 Oooh I would like to add some "life" to the islands. Just make those syndicate bots invulnerable to players.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

i have a groundbreaking idea, that has never been here, and noone ever thought about it:

npc ICS/Asintec/TM sequer, lithus and scarabs walking back and forth between terminals, outposts and teleporter (and the Energy transfer staion on NV), simmulating greater presence of the syndicate, and as side effect acting as "Taxi-bots" that once could use "follow" on wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

i have a groundbreaking idea, that has never been here, and noone ever thought about it:

npc ICS/Asintec/TM sequer, lithus and scarabs walking back and forth between terminals, outposts and teleporter (and the Energy transfer staion on NV), simmulating greater presence of the syndicate, and as side effect acting as "Taxi-bots" that once could use "follow" on wink

Dev Zoom can we haz?  Huh huh huh?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Dev Zoom can we haz?  Huh huh huh?

I like it!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

+1

+1 why not

+1 and NPC gamma bases with similar behavior, and let them build it by themself and

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086