1 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-07-09 06:17:03)

Topic: Perpetuum - Code of conduct

@ the Devs... Is the Perpetuum - Code of conduct enforceable on all players (as the rest of the EULA is). IF so why does AC allow the code to be broken so often in game & on the forums?

I will high light the sections of interest:

1. We ask that you respect your fellow players and the Perpetuum staff by always talking to them in a calm manner, and don't let your words or actions dictated by emotions.'''
* It is forbidden to insult or bad-mouth other players, the Game Masters or the Developers, or to impede their work or fun willingly in any way.
* It is forbidden to falsely or baselessly accuse anyone of anything.

I have seen so many people brake these above rules so much it make a joke of even having the above words typed out.

insulting  or badmouthing GMs & DEVs both in game & on the forums seems the norm lol.

Remember rules that are either unjust OR not enforced can bring them into contempt by the population tongue

* Any kind of activities that disturbs or annoys the other players or the Perpetuum staff in the use of the game or the website is forbidden

What like PVP ? smile

Also i thought it was against the rules to talk about dev moderation on the forums for both forum activity & in game.

WTB better forum moderation?

Yeah thats that little going on in game for me & im that bored im reading thru the boring *** EULA & Code of conduct. hmm

edit: So does this also mean tho that IRC isnt included in any of the rules ? big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Re: Perpetuum - Code of conduct

Would that also mean that those who are talking about some Skype convos should bring prooves or STFU and be...moderated out? big_smile

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

3 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-07-09 09:39:55)

Line wrote:

Would that also mean that those who are talking about some Skype convos should bring prooves or STFU and be...moderated out? big_smile

lets see what the magic 8 ball says....

* It is forbidden to falsely or baselessly accuse anyone of anything.

fuuu

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

OH GOD OBI U JUST DOOMED A HALF OF TEH FORUMS!!!111 YYYYYYY fuuu fuuu fuuu

Srsly, forums are lack of moderation these days.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Very sad, but the topic author is right. sad

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

I don't understand.

We all can contribute by reporting said posts.

For my 5 accounts sub money, I would like them to be working on the game not wasting time patrolling the forums like you apparently are.

They are supposed to be presenting the entire player base with their "package".  I'd like to see how it measures up to our expectations wink

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Burial wrote:

Yea, I've tried that but Jelan never gets moderated, thanks for asking though.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

in the mean time leaving us free to make a mockery of AC's rules smile

Crepitus wrote:
Burial wrote:

Yea, I've tried that but Jelan never gets moderated, thanks for asking though.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by giving proof of Skype batphoning, Styx did make his logs available for everyone after all. They were both entertaining to read and a very damning proof.

But like everything else, rules are only enforced when enough whine is created about it. It's up for debate why Jelan (and others) have received countless temporary bans from the forums, when the rules clearly state:

Failure to abide the above forum rules will result in a warning or a temporary banishment from the forums. Repeatedly violating the rules will result in a permanent banishment from the forums.

Rules should apply equally for everyone.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by giving proof of Skype batphoning, Styx did make his logs available for everyone after all. They were both entertaining to read and a very damning proof.

I starting playing this game in Oct 2011 and I'm pretty sure Styx was long banned at that time. So why is this whole skype bat-phoning line such a hot topic in the last month or so? Someone else get the keys to the bat-cave and using the phone in the last 1-3 months?

Seriously curious if there is something to this 'unfair player communications advantage' or if this is just PRAVDA propaganda fun for the kids.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:
Syndic wrote:

I starting playing this game in Oct 2011 and I'm pretty sure Styx was long banned at that time. So why is this whole skype bat-phoning line such a hot topic in the last month or so? Someone else get the keys to the bat-cave and using the phone in the last 1-3 months?

Seriously curious if there is something to this 'unfair player communications advantage' or if this is just PRAVDA propaganda fun for the kids.

That's a matter of opinion. 

It's a matter of fact that the DEVs patched the game multiple times in a row in what appeared to be direct responses to M2S whine threads which hurt us (CIR and our allies) and the last time without warning that would have left our Gamma base completely exposed which they were well aware of.  It's also true that if you sit on IRC you see a lot more than is posted on the forums in the News section.

It's a matter of fact that Styx's logs were very hard to read and then think that there was any chance of fair play, and that at least one of the DEVs back in those days was playing on the winning side in intrusion events while Styx was leader and getting duped items, that's something I experienced first hand while on Norhoop in various alliance corps there.  While M2S got their assets wiped, no one who was losing assets to their duped items for months and months and crying foul (myself among them) got anything back.  There is probably a lot more that I don't know about because I started in Feb 2011 which was not Beta like so many of the highest EP vets who are all over 800K EP at this point (they also got 40k starting EP not 20k like you and me wink). 

However, having said that, this above section is all ancient history.  The DEVs have proven willing to listen to the broader player base since that point on multiple occasions (obviously, not all).  They have publicly dealt severe punishments in what, in my personal opinion, has been an even handed manner even if I don't agree with all of them.  I personally have 5 active subscriptions and I wouldn't play if I felt like my enemies were getting completely unfettered access to stack the deck against me.  Trying to influence the direction of the game how you want it though, whether that is to your own personal advantage or not is something that a lot of people actively try to do on the forums and on IRC and is pretty much part of the game and has been since the beginning.  I prefer the AC of today to the one a year and a half ago.

Population graphs

i personally think having to listen to repeated crap over and over about stuff that happened in the past is driving away the new people who stumble into this game.

That said, the last week or so has been quite calm. Quite nice actually.
And I'm not just talking about CIR, (have had excellent convos with some of them) or whoever my enemies are.  Allies are quite capable of bullshit also.
Active chat and forum moderation would be a big plus for this game, almost as important as good starter pve to hook the new blood, advertising, and various fixes requested/proposed.

Just my opinion.

Your opinion is invalid.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Also i thought it was against the rules to talk about dev moderation on the forums for both forum activity & in game.

Discussing moderation and asking whether asking about something would be discussing moderation are both punishable offenses.

I expect you to be globally muted for 24h, and/or your posts deleted.

Throw your M2S propaganda somewhere else.