Topic: Miising NPC's

daily mission [Missiontemplate_ics_w_level01_daily_01] is bugged - no npcs at objective 'c'

Re: Miising NPC's

Usually Dailies use full island read assigment text carefully if this is the same for ics daily.

juts pointing out a specific location is given that is incorrect wink

Did you tried to look in closest seas or mountains?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Lupus Caeli wrote:

Yep one of the npc's was stuck on the top of a mountain

Damn suicide NPC...They always trying to sink in sea or to jump off the mountain...:D Really annoying tho.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Todays daily mission has a location given?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

As Goffer wrote, daily missions don't have a location, they can be completed on the whole island, as it stands in the briefing. We are working on a solution that it shouldn't show a location point, as it is apparently misleading.

DEV Zoom wrote:

As Goffer wrote, daily missions don't have a location, they can be completed on the whole island, as it stands in the briefing. We are working on a solution that it shouldn't show a location point, as it is apparently misleading.

you could simply center the point over the terminal and have the red circle area encompass the whole island.... that would be i think a brain dead way of saying anything on the island goes....

because I'm sure if you remove the location point people will say its a bug and they don't know where to go lol

>>> dammed if you do dammed if you don't

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux - other missions have that - tinting the whole island into red. Noobs didnt notice...

the thing is - you have to write it into the small mission message
"kill 4 random 4th star cremator on Tellesis"

instead of

"kill 4 4th star cremators at the designated mission area"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Along the lines of daily assignments, should I be seeing new level 1 daily assignments.... daily? I did one, and 1-2 days later now I don't see any in my available assignments window.

DEV Zoom wrote:

With mining assignments we have directional scanner charges and we can hunt for a location without undue waste of time.  It seems to me that if the npc to be killed are island wide that then doing these assignments is rather a waste of time especially since iirc you have random spawns for npc, or am I mistaken about the random npc spawns?

Lupus Caeli wrote:
Lupus Caeli wrote:

Yep one of the npc's was stuck on the top of a mountain

monk bot

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

14 (edited by Annihilator 2012-06-07 22:12:42)

Chaium Paang wrote:

With mining assignments we have directional scanner charges and we can hunt for a location without undue waste of time.  It seems to me that if the npc to be killed are island wide that then doing these assignments is rather a waste of time especially since iirc you have random spawns for npc, or am I mistaken about the random npc spawns?

your kinda mistaken.

The "kill x npcs" missions require from you that you know where you have to go already. for lvl5 and lvl6 missions IMHO that is no issue, since you should already know all spawns of that islands by the time you reach that.
Its a bit hard atm since missions got implemented and on same patch, the spawns got modified.

I had no issue doing the one ons on Tellesis, after going around and scouting all spawns. due to the semi-random fashion of the spawns, you have to farm each one a few times until you know which ones will spawn there.

For example, one Daily asked for killing 4 of each possible NPC Kain fits, 2nd star. My corpmate couldn't find any 2nd star Firestorm. So i went out to a spawn that had 2nd star npcs, farmed the spot a few minutes and got all three Kain versions spawning at once. -> mission done.

Randomness of spawns is now so much reduced, that you can tell "there will only be rank2 npcs spawning" if you see a 2nd star or Iron rank npc.

Had a roaming group of NPc who went Sucidial and went into the water yesterday.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.