Topic: Where did all the NPCs go ???

i know this might have been said in passing in other threads but so its nice & clear for the devs to see ill make a nice clean new thread smile

Is it just me or did the DEVs go way over board with removing WAY to many spawns? a few days ago i went to go farm a spawn on shinjala that has never moved for like a year now its gone ..
In fact it would seems shinjala has 50%  less NPC's Now maybe .. & i mean MAYBE 1 of the spawns might have been a little bit annoying on the koija HWY.

But i can maybe think of 2 or 3 spawns that might have been a small pain in the neck when moving on main HWYs around the alpha islands.

And if a devs pops in here to say "hey you can run beacons" well first you have to either find them with artefact or that you can get them from farming NPC's .. oh wait you took 50% of them out of game smile

has any one else noticed this? Whats your take?

a corp mate made some good arguments about this issue but im to tired to remember what he said lol.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Re: Where did all the NPCs go ???

Hershfield is pretty deserted too. I guess if you really want to farm you have too few spots on Alpha2's, so better move to Betas.

They got grinded out...!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Yeah the rev amp requires you to go the extra mile to find good spawns, however I am liking some of the spawns on Beta they are quite nice!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Where have all the NPCs gone?
Long time passing,
Long time ago
Players have farmed them every one
when will they ever learn?
when will they ever learn?

Where have all the players gone?...

for the right melody...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Beta II Islands are not that much better for variety. And as far I as I can tell, there are only roaming spawns on gamma.

Tellesis has a couple large roaming spawns, but they aren't really farmable; and certainly not worth it time wise for high EP players.

In general, there has been a strong trend away from NIC farming on all the Islands, and more toward roaming spawns.

I suppose this makes sense in conjunction with the mining change too, making the islands more dynamic, but less productive for large/long operations.

i see this change as a step into the right direction, providing us with a dynamic, living world, incraesing the "immersion" factor.

next step would be implementing npcs that actually do something aside of providing us with dumb targets for our daily grind.
The step after that would be that the human-side factions start paying us for killing threats to the project, not for bringing countless barrels of alien robot blood...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ville wrote:

Yeah the rev amp requires you to go the extra mile to find good spawns, however I am liking some of the spawns on Beta they are quite nice!

Yeah, Im guessing its part of this thing to get people more on Beta, and make beta more attractive to everyone. Of course, the dangers of Beta offset this a bit, but I think, in general, the change is a good one. You can still do beacons on Alpha, though I'm not sure how much of a Corp Only aspect of the game that is.

Also, the rats on Gamma are LEGEN-waitforit-DARY.

Dairy like cattle?  Of course!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.