Topic: Nav EP redeemed

You kind of tipped your hand there guys. tongue
If you can redeem EP there is no reason you can't allow global resets without deleting Avatars. At some point you might want to allow for a one time global reset on all accounts. Enough changes have been made that a spark with an intended career is no longer viable due to content changes.

I would also like to say, I'm glad I came back and revisited Perp. It is a nice little game and it's slowly shaping in to something of its own. If your position allows it to hang on I think it will one day be a true MMO.

Re: Nav EP redeemed

Full ep reset isn't necessary.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

And make it optional so people who feel it 'isn't necessary' can opt out for now.

No professions were spoiled that much, and s a player, you should be responsible for all the chooses you've made in past. We already had enough resets.

But if you really want an EP redeem that much, you can always play with Perpetuum Planner Tool - there you can increase extensions and decrease and then increase again and so on until you're happy.

STOP STOP STOP!!! I can't take it anymore.

No more threads about EP resets ... and while I think of it no more about PLEX type systems either.

If you want to talk about these things find an existing thread and post in there.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

STOP STOP STOP!!! I can't take it anymore.

No more threads about EP resets ... and while I think of it no more about PLEX type systems either.

If you want to talk about these things find an existing thread and post in there.

Don't read them?

I've never reset. Was there a reset that didn't involve the wipe of sparks? Because I didn't get it.

It really strikes me odd that a community would be so against something so passive that would have zero impact on you and your game. Contrary for the sake of contrary. It's easy to spot the EVE alts in this game.

Ioci wrote:

Don't read them?

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/rules/
Rule 3. Do not create duplicate topics. Always use forum search before you create a new topic.

There have been many threads on this topic very recently. I'm not saying don't discuss it, just don't duplicate.

I don't play EVE.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
Ioci wrote:

Don't read them?

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/rules/
Rule 3. Do not create duplicate topics. Always use forum search before you create a new topic.

There have been many threads on this topic very recently. I'm not saying don't discuss it, just don't duplicate.

I don't play EVE.

I can see the issue. This forum is slammed with new threads in the 4's and 5's weekly. These topics that get derailed to mean something they never started out to be can be taxing.

This thread is now a thread about Beta.

Drama Queens.

Ioci wrote:

If you can redeem EP there is no reason you can't allow global resets without deleting Avatars. At some point you might want to allow for a one time global reset on all accounts. Enough changes have been made that a spark with an intended career is no longer viable due to content changes.

I would also like to say, I'm glad I came back and revisited Perp. It is a nice little game and it's slowly shaping in to something of its own. If your position allows it to hang on I think it will one day be a true MMO.

Any particular reason besides "I think"?

What career that was previously viable is not now? Artifact scanning? I imagine the devs are not simply going to ignore it.

You can already down train extensions in your first month of playing. TBH I think this should be extended if anything to allow players to tweak there choices. A full EP reset though at any point in a chars life however I think is out of the question because it will result in people constantly training over to whatever is FOTM which results in boring gameplay where you don't have to live with your choices.

No troll here but you made your choices, live with them.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial is not talking without historical evidence.

We have seen mass-respecs to yellow on release (crazy-fast Intakt), mass-respecs to blue (speed-kain magnedart roamers), mass respecs to green (20+ deep Gropho fleets with ~900m range). Every time a full reset was offered it was "exploited" to the maximum FOTM. And usually (according to Skype logs published) it leaks to a few fortunate first so their corps have time to pre-plan all extensions for maximum synergy.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Not to mention the green troiar shield FOTM, after the great nerfbat hit, there was a LOT of very unhappy people.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

My trojar is still fotm sir.

Ioci wrote:

so passive that would have zero impact on you and your game.

I can state unequivocally this is false. You can search the forums for the reasons why, which I have provided numerous times, and in great detail.

Sundial wrote:
Ioci wrote:

Any particular reason besides "I think"?

What career that was previously viable is not now? Artifact scanning? I imagine the devs are not simply going to ignore it.

You can already down train extensions in your first month of playing. TBH I think this should be extended if anything to allow players to tweak there choices. A full EP reset though at any point in a chars life however I think is out of the question because it will result in people constantly training over to whatever is FOTM which results in boring gameplay where you don't have to live with your choices.

No troll here but you made your choices, live with them.

That's where you are wrong. I haven't reset EP on any of my accounts and having been gone 8 months I can see the real impact of giving up the 2.00 standings I got from triangle missions. It will amount to 10p reduction from refinery. (wahoo?)
Nobody has given me rational reasons for resisting this but if it is mutual to the community at large, I don't much care one way or another. We the few won't make or break Perpetuum and neither will an EP reset.

Since there is no upper EP limit and no completely useless estensions, I'm hardly doubt you've spoiled your character that much that you can't play anymore. Also: all the changes about the resets have been posted on the forums so it's only your fault that you didn't saw them.

Ioci wrote:

Nobody has given me rational reasons for resisting this...

Yes they have, it's because of coordinated mass rerolling of a corp where the OP setups are chosen for all and thus completely steamrolling all who didn't. It's not going to happen and that's a good thing.

Let it die please.

This is my blob. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Ioci wrote:

Nobody has given me rational reasons for resisting this but if it is mutual to the community at large, I don't much care one way or another. We the few won't make or break Perpetuum and neither will an EP reset.

You have presented with numerous reasons for avoiding a reset. You have also been informed on what has historically happened with resets and its arguably detrimental effect to the game.

Yet for some reason you qualify them as irrational. Resets would have a huge effect in PvP. It is not something optional you can decide wether you want to benefit from them because you will experience the effects once your enemies come knocking with a full FOTM fleet.