Topic: Grid References

Grid references on the map would be appreciated.

Re: Grid References

There are some user made maps of the islands with this, but an in-game grid for the map and radar would be an excellent addition. If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll try to find them and post a link when I get a chance. Better than nothing for now.

Amlodhi wrote:

If someone doesn't beat me to it I'll try to find them and post a link when I get a chance. Better than nothing for now.

That would be great, thanks. smile

Come to think of it, what is the point of the ingame grid when there is no way to reference each cell?

Surge wrote:

Come to think of it, what is the point of the ingame grid when there is no way to reference each cell?

Errr, each cell could be uniquely numbered. Anyways, I'm talking about a reference for the 4x4 squares, not each individual cell.

The point of it is so I can communicate with teammates more effectively. If I see something on my travels I just need to take note of the grid reference and share that with friends.

I think you misunderstood me ProjectAngel.

I mean the situation that we have right now, with a grid overlay on the map, with no referencing possible to make use of it. It makes you wonder what the devs were thinking when they put it in in the first place.

I am agreeing with you completely on the matter.

Ah I see. I thought you didn't understand the reasoning behind wanting the references heheh.

The unmarked grids are most likely there to measure distance/travel time. Bot moves x KPH? I need to travel 8 Kilometers. will take me X min to get there.

Finally found it (and remembered to come back here): http://forumsbetaarchive.perpetuum-onli … and-grids/ its from beta so I don't know how useful it is. Stuck at work so I can't compare maps right now.

Ah, brilliant. Thanks. smile