Topic: Specimen SAPS

Do the devs have any plans to change the way these SAPs work in the future, its become clear today that an outpost that has a specimen sap cannot be taken.

I'm surprised that it never came up in Beta testing

Re: Specimen SAPS

Can you please write more details?

like, what makes that SAP different from the
"50 Player staying at passive or active hacking with their Tanks for a Minute" (recent m2s outpost defense)
or the
"RR-able Destruction SAP" (was a topic during beta)

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Certainly, any organised Corp can logoff a couple of sequers with a selection of specimen parts then log in an deliver the required items before they can be killed.  I won't be baited by your other comments wink

Recognizer wrote:

Can you please write more details?

like, what makes that SAP different from the
"50 Player staying at passive or active hacking with their Tanks for a Minute" (recent m2s outpost defense)
or the
"RR-able Destruction SAP" (was a topic during beta)

Because you have to stand on those points for a minimum of 10 minutes to capture it.  If you completely leave them you have to start over.

Specimen processing you can do with a ninja logon a super tanked sequer and drag all the requirements into it likely before they can kill you.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

ah, thank you for your clarification.

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

Bump, any answer?

I think its just too easy to do for either side.

If the defenders logoff there with sequers they pretty much have it.  Might get killed if they're being camped by the enemy, but a tanked sequer will take a good bit of firepower to take down before it completes the objective.

If youre the attackers you just go there early and secure it then just bring your sequer in and have it log out until the intrusion starts.

With the current requirements you can prepare way too easily for what it may ask for.  2 sequers can cover pretty much everything IIRC.  Once you have everything down and know how to load the sequers the capture takes like 30 seconds tops.

It is just too easy.  It was harder in beta when we didnt know what it was going to ask for, but now that it has been done over and over, nearly everyone knows exactly what to expect.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki