Topic: Can't redownload the game for some reason!

I uninstalled the game a few days back due to issues and figured a fresh install would fix them. Now the installer stops at around 20 mb and just sits there unresponsive. I've ran it in safe mode and still the same deal. I'm currently on a trial and it ends in 2 days. I would really like to play some perp but the darn downloader is the worst i've seen in some time. 

Has anyone had this problem and had it rectified?

Re: Can't redownload the game for some reason!

Would also like to mention i'm on windows 7. And yes, the name... I wasnt expecting to enjoy the game so i made a bs avatar name. Its been changed just not updated in the forums.  I apologize if anyone gets offended.

I like your name.

Jasdemi wrote:

I like your name.

I like your avatar smile

I'm trying from a differant website. Others have had the same issue with the downloader here in the forums.

Try to turn off any firewall, antivirus or resident backup software you might have for the duration of the install and see if that helps.

DEV Zoom wrote:

Try to turn off any firewall, antivirus or resident backup software you might have for the duration of the install and see if that helps.

THat looks like it may have done it.

I'm using avast antivirus and when i disabled the smart shields the download is moving super fast. You wouldnt beleive how slow it was downloading before.

I'll wait and see if it pans out and doesnt crash again. Thanks.

Insane Arse Hole wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

THat looks like it may have done it.

I'm using avast antivirus and when i disabled the smart shields the download is moving super fast. You wouldnt beleive how slow it was downloading before.

I'll wait and see if it pans out and doesnt crash again. Thanks.

Oook that was premature...the downloader crashed again around 37 mb. I really dont get it. My antivirus is off, why is your downloader the only one that has this problem.

Insane Arse Hole wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

I like your name.

I like your avatar smile

I'm trying from a differant website. Others have had the same issue with the downloader here in the forums.

You two should get a room.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Zoom,

Download seems to be working much better once I disabled windows firewall as well (like you already stated).  The download still hangs up around 37 mb and slowly downloads.

Whats confusing about this is the fact that the first time i downloaded perp from your site i never had this problem. Now, after i delete it and reinstall it has all sorts of hang ups in addition to taking forever to download with a 10 mb connection.  I even ran CCleaner to clean my registry in a vain hope that it would help but so far hasnt.

I'll post again if the download was successful.

Insane Arse Hole wrote:

Oook that was premature...the downloader crashed again around 37 mb. I really dont get it. My antivirus is off, why is your downloader the only one that has this problem.

Bummer... I know this doesn't really help you right now, but a new and much more stable downloader/installer will be patched out this Wednesday.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Insane Arse Hole wrote:

Bummer... I know this doesn't really help you right now, but a new and much more stable downloader/installer will be patched out this Wednesday.

That does help. Its good news. Its downloading stable if not slow as molasses.  It'll take me at least 4 hours to download this again and its only 530mb. I'm guessings it has something to do with my region. My connection is stable at 9 mb/s.

Alright well i'm out of ideas. Both windows firewall and antivirus are disabled and download crapped out at 76 mb, became unresponsive and I closed it yet again.  At this point i dont know if i want to even pay for a month of subscrition time if I'm not sure I can redownload it later. And I dont want to lose out on 2 days of EP's.

Zoom is there a more stable mirror you're aware of?

Could we have further downloading options from seeded bit torrents, should work for all.

RIP PERPETUUM

I've exhausted every option. Tried redownloading the installer several times and when it connects to data server the down load craps out around 10 mb. I've made sure firewall and avast antivirus are off as well so I'm just going to have to wait until wednseday for the updated installer. I've never had this issue with any other game and i've reinstalled games like eve multiple times.

I'm not a computer nerd or anything so I cant explain why perp is the only game that downloads slow or is having issues amongst all the other games I have on my pc.  It should also be mentioned that every time I uninstall the perp installer I run CCleaner and it finds a file on my registry that was left behind so I clear it.

I'm thinking this caused some issue because at least 2 weeks ago when I first downloaded it from your site it had no issues. It downloaded slowly but it still fully downloaded at least. My internet connection is very fast with average speeds of 9 mb/s.  I will try again wednesday.

Didn't read all of the replies so sorry. Perhaps deleting everything Perpetuum related would help? Or install to some other directory?

Burial wrote:

Didn't read all of the replies so sorry. Perhaps deleting everything Perpetuum related would help? Or install to some other directory?

I did all that multiple times. Just dont get it, but then again i'm not a computer nerd so dont understand how computers work.

Insane Arse Hole wrote:

I've exhausted every option. Tried redownloading the installer several times and when it connects to data server the down load craps out around 10 mb. I've made sure firewall and avast antivirus are off as well so I'm just going to have to wait until wednseday for the updated installer. I've never had this issue with any other game and i've reinstalled games like eve multiple times.

I'm not a computer nerd or anything so I cant explain why perp is the only game that downloads slow or is having issues amongst all the other games I have on my pc.  It should also be mentioned that every time I uninstall the perp installer I run CCleaner and it finds a file on my registry that was left behind so I clear it.

I'm thinking this caused some issue because at least 2 weeks ago when I first downloaded it from your site it had no issues. It downloaded slowly but it still fully downloaded at least. My internet connection is very fast with average speeds of 9 mb/s.  I will try again wednesday.

Insane Arse Hole wrote:
Burial wrote:

I did all that multiple times. Just dont get it, but then again i'm not a computer nerd so dont understand how computers work.

Denial is the first step...

Baal wrote:
Insane Arse Hole wrote:

Insane Arse Hole wrote:
Burial wrote:

Denial is the first step...

Ha maybe you're right.

OK so...I figured it out finally! Before i was disabling my firewall and antivirus but...did not add perp to the list of programs allowed through the firewall. That seems to have fixed the download issue. It still downloads slow as crap though despite me have a 10mb/s internet speed.

So if anyone has this issue in the future dont forget to add perp to the list of allowable programs through windows firewall. All can be done in control panel.

Cheers!

Insane Arse Hole wrote:

OK so...I figured it out finally! Before i was disabling my firewall and antivirus but...did not add perp to the list of programs allowed through the firewall. That seems to have fixed the download issue. It still downloads slow as crap though despite me have a 10mb/s internet speed.

So if anyone has this issue in the future dont forget to add perp to the list of allowable programs through windows firewall. All can be done in control panel.

Cheers!

After about 2 hours and 225 mb later, the downloader crapped out on me yet again. It made it pretty far but then froze up like it always does. Really hoping that installer patch on wednesday will fix this;.

Do you have a router in home your network system?  Most routers also have a firewall in them.  Also I had the same issue downloading a second copy of perp so there might be something in the registry thats preventing it from downloading (find a self-admitted computer nerd to make sure.  I know winXP is notorious for not removing registry items when a program was uninstalled).

22 (edited by Crepitus 2012-06-05 13:32:37)

Socrates wrote:

Bold.  Underlined.  This is your problem.  Don't *** with the registry if you don't know wtf you're doing, it's not a toy.

As for your solution, get Shaedy's torrent from the pirate bay instead.  Download it with qbittorrent if you don't have a torrent client already.

EDIT: You can copy the game folder around you don't the installer for multiple clients.  Shaedy's stuff was only the .gbf's originally I don't know what's in the torrent now but you may have to copy the .gbf's to the game folder that the installer didn't finish.  You can in fact run the updater again after copying these over and it will check the data is there and go to complete if you don't need anything else.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!