Topic: Ability to trade items from cargo, or perhaps a mech designed for it?

Somewhat related to the duration of field containers: it is not possible to trade from mech to mech out of cargo, and there is no mech in this game into which one can deposit ore or items such as plasma and fragments directly.  One always has to go via a can placed on the field.  Alternatively, one can have a Designated Vacuum Guy if operating in a spawn-popping fleet.

Might we put in for a "mining/spawn popping fleet mech"?  I know it may be seen as somewhat derivative from other games, but since there are mechs that are especially suited to logistics and support for combat, perhaps one with some Nexus bonuses and accessible cargo for ops would be of use?

Guess I should break this into 2 possible features/additions:

(1) Trading from cargo to cargo.  Somehow this feels as though there might be something sinister about it-- but I cannot think of a drawback off the top of my head.

(2) A Mech with bonuses to Nexus mods, or perhaps two different ones, into which you could also deposit ore, or plasma/drops, etc.  Or, perhaps, two different ones.  Yes, I know that you can do repping and sensor linking from industrials, etc., but this is more of a logistics request, rather than a support bot request.

These might become prime targets if a raiding force can catch you at work, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if you like PvP.  wink

Of course, the original game manifesto/press suggested that there might be customizable mechs coming up somewhere down the line, with switchable head/chassis/leg sections, and so further options may already be planned for the future.  Maybe this idea is better suited to one of those giant walker-type mechs...

2 (edited by FreddyZ 2012-05-19 11:36:36)

Re: Ability to trade items from cargo, or perhaps a mech designed for it?

Was thinking of something like that for some time too..

- A bot to (try to) get rid of the can while harvesting or mining:
Harvester/Miner Bots needs a 'Sending Tool' (to put in place of a harvester/miner tool ofc), Cargo Bot (sequer, lithus or scarab) needs a 'Receiving Tool'. Both bots have to be in same squad, and to lock each over. Then the 'transfert' of materials can be initiated by the Harvester/Miner bot (able to select which material to send). The rate of the transfert can be improved with new extension or like you suggest new Nexus.
Limitations: only one such a tool on H/M bot and transfert rate has to be really slow (or imagine a Riv mk2 + Scarab leveling a mineral or plant spot in no time).
Side bonus: a Scarab can use two Receiver Tools at the same time..

- A Fitter Bot:
Slow bot (slower than Scarab/Lithus) with small cargo (like 10u), able to re-fit any bot in his squad 'on-the-fly'. Again, both bots have to be in same squad and both locked to each other. Refit is done by this new bot only (meaning a need for communication, text or TS): screen displays own cargo and bot equip windows. Works pretty much like in terminal.
Limitations: both bots have to be near each other obviously, standing still. After re-fit, both bots have to wait some time ('Refit Timer'?) during which they can't move, lock or even fight.
Side bonus: a bot running out of ammo can be re-supplied with that..

That's all. Thanks for reading..

Mobile Camp Vehicle - unarmed, slow, no cargo space. When deployed (should take a long time), others can dock in and get stuff from a terminal that bot linked with.

+1 for more bots/modules. As I miner I would love something like this.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Industrial Sector wrote:

Mobile Camp Vehicle - unarmed, slow, no cargo space. When deployed (should take a long time), others can dock in and get stuff from a terminal that bot linked with.

I'm guessing that you mean this to be one-way, terminal to mining site only?  Might help for charges, etc., but not much re not needing cans for mining.

If you mean the mobile base could somehow transport/teleport the ore back to a terminal, I think that would be a major "sea change" in the whole transport methodology.

Not saying that it is inconceivable, but the effects would be very far-reaching.

I really would like a portable "Silo" which can also be undeployed so there could be loading/unloading resources out on the map.

Something like this:
http://images.fordaq.com/p-17870000-178 … --Silo.jpg

Ability to make a "One Time" conversion, of either a Sequer or Lithus or Scarab, to have a cargo hold that can only be used for Minerals/Ore/Charges, can NOT be converted back, and miners can directly access the cargo if in the same Squad

Just Do it...