Topic: What about us?

Can we have a PvE Gamma Island with no PvP - not everyone finds enjoyment in killing other players and destroying their stufzz just for 'fun' !

Give a chance to get at the Gamma resources and merging CT's etc. for the more civilized players !

Re: What about us?

Would this not give the sandbox an Oasis? Why would anyone bother with the risks of the other islands when all can be had for no risk?

I could be missing the point though, i am pvp centric..

:::awaits the arga rage everytime the phrase gets used:::

Risk vs Reward, you want the rewards, you have to take the risks.  Sandbox, not theme park...

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Ok - so I was hasty in the first post posting from work....

What i'm asking for is something unique to PvE players and inaccessable to PvP players.

Risk == Rewards is not all encompassing and equally not only risk can give rewards - e.g. problem solving. Risk need not mean PvP alone but PvE as in versus NPC's.

If there were some activity limited to non-PvP players that gave rewards unavaiable to PvP players but needed by them, this would further stimulate the market so both groups can exchange items inaccessable to the other.

I would for once like to see such a situation where my un-willingness to participate in PvP actually gave me some reward too - as in society - Murderers, Thiefs, Looters are treated as criminals whereas in MMO they are the gods and get the good stuff!

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

:::awaits the arga rage everytime the phrase gets used:::

Risk vs Reward, you want the rewards, you have to take the risks.  Sandbox, not theme park...

[Rage] Grr, You're going to make me type it out again, bastard [/rage]

The only real point of the gamma islands is colony building. A PVE only gamma would be minecraft on peacful mode. It would let players toy around with terraforming sure, but without PVP or any way to remove PBS, the island would be a total mess.

All those PVE things can be implemented on the alpha islands, having more solo content and PVE stuff is great and the game needs more of it. It just makes no sense to put it on a gamma island.

Just having a terraformable PVE islands would be pretty good.

This would be great, but we need to thinkging about what should allow without PVP Gammas or what shouldnt, because you understand the same isnt work.

I am with you Lupus Caeli that would be great but the DEV team had no time to thinking that.

After Gamma ........ patch, or expeansion they try to focues the PVE for you.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Take a gamma island, remove the Epi and Colliuxm, disable PBS and PVP.

There are no outposts or highways on the island.

No outposts makes using the island for anything productive unlikely, as you could do the same ont he alpha islands with much less effort.

So, all you'll really have is a place that players can go to waste NIC on terraforming (probably ***).

In general, putting in worthless islands will be met with negativity, or continual requests to make it useful in some way that would have to be ignored. Which would just get some players more upset.

Why can't it be made useful? Simply because it would then diminish the actual gamma islands, which are going to be hard enough to use, without having to complete with Non-PVP.

Its the same issue now, with Beta vs Alpha, and why many corps continue to use Alpha even though they own a beta outpost.

My idea, the players should pay for tiles / day or something, so if anybody want PBS, terraform on Alpha should pay. Maybe a solution.

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Burial wrote:

Just having a terraformable PVE islands would be pretty good.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Yes, terraformable island with a limited PBS system and no PVP that's a good idea. Obviously with loads of limitations on where you can build and what structures. A Weekly Charge to syndicate as a money sink also with a lvl 3 limit on one of the facilities.

RIP PERPETUUM

As other people have expressed, there would need to be a system where you could lose your PBS somehow in order to keep islands not littered with PBS.

Maybe you have to bid for a space against other players and have to pay a an upkeep (This is PvP) and can only build certain structures because of your reduced risk. PvE only gamma with all the benefits of the PvP gamma would definitely break the risk/reward.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

I see no reason to introduce content that is only for people who do not PVP as the OP suggests.

If you do not like PVP and need something to do go farm Kernels people are sure to buy them.

The recent fixes to missions was a good start but they need to and in about 10x's more types and levels of missions than are currently in the game.

Add to that make the SS store useful...

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.