1 (edited by Gremrod 2012-05-02 00:49:41)

Topic: Looking to do a Incoming Transmission Podcast.

Hey everyone,

I know I have not been around much but I have been keeping tabs on most stuff. People have been asking if I was going to be doing one soon.

Well, I would like to do one, but I wanted to find out what you as a community want to hear covered in the show.

Also, I need someone to come on as a co-host. I can do it by myself, but that would be boring.

So post away!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Looking to do a Incoming Transmission Podcast.

Great! I would like you to discuss about; maybe most of the changes of the upcoming patch and what lies ahead. Most what I  read about on the forums is the urgent need for more PVE content  and more bots introduced ingame, we need to retain more players and try and make them stay, it's quite clear not many are impressed past the month or 2 mark.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Great! I would like you to discuss about; maybe most of the changes of the upcoming patch and what lies ahead. Most what I  read about on the forums is the urgent need for more PVE content  and more bots introduced ingame, we need to retain more players and try and make them stay, it's quite clear not many are impressed past the month or 2 mark.

Noted.

4 (edited by Inda 2012-05-02 18:01:40)

And some expectation after Gamma, PBS, Terraforming patch just talking about the new fetures a bit also.

EDIT: (Sorry I missed Celebro that part... )

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I wouldn't mind co-hosting, I used to work at a radio station.  Let me know.

Celebro pretty much covered most important things in his post, but one thing I'd like to add is a brief discussion on how to improve the population. I'd also consider co-hosting.

I'd also love to see some STC guy on the show to talk about their experience so far and expectations.

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

.... a brief discussion on how to improve the population. ....

I'd also love to see some STC guy on the show to talk about their experience so far and expectations.

Much agree with that.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

8 (edited by Scoe 2012-05-02 13:38:08)

Another interview with the developers would be amazing, I really enjoyed the last one - to hear what they're working on (We already know gamma and PBS), what their plans for the future are (PvE), etc...

Also I'd like to maybe hear some discussion about how we as a community can encourage more player interaction. We're already struggling with a low population that we would like to see grow - I think it would be cool to maybe come up with four or five ideas and just toss them around over the podcast. Then you could let the community leave replies to the podcast and get some feedback that way.

Maybe we as a community could come up with four or five topics and then we could get feedback from the devs on them if you could secure an interview with them.

I really feel that's where this game is struggling atm - Lack of interaction between players and conflicting play styles (alpha only residents vs beta residents) which is making the world feel empty. Also the lack of fast travel and bleak empty islands make the world feel a lot emptier than it actually is and also makes it a lot less exciting to travel across (I'm only talking about the alpha islands as that's all I've really explored thus far as a new player).

Just some ideas I figured I'd throw out. I'd offer to co-host but I'm too new to the game and wouldn't be able to talk on the same level as you.

Either way thank you for hosting the podcast in the first place it's a great service to the community.

Scoe wrote:

Another interview with the developers would be amazing, I really enjoyed the last one - to hear what they're working on (We already know gamma and PBS), what their plans for the future are (PvE), etc...

Also I'd like to maybe hear some discussion about how we as a community can encourage more player interaction. We're already struggling with a low population that we would like to see grow - I think it would be cool to maybe come up with four or five ideas and just toss them around over the podcast. Then you could let the community leave replies to the podcast and get some feedback that way.

Maybe we as a community could come up with four or five topics and then we could get feedback from the devs on them if you could secure an interview with them.

I really feel that's where this game is struggling atm - Lack of interaction between players and conflicting play styles (alpha only residents vs beta residents) which is making the world feel empty. Also the lack of fast travel and bleak empty islands make the world feel a lot emptier than it actually is and also makes it a lot less exciting to travel across (I'm only talking about the alpha islands as that's all I've really explored thus far as a new player).

Just some ideas I figured I'd throw out. I'd offer to co-host but I'm too new to the game and wouldn't be able to talk on the same level as you.

Either way thank you for hosting the podcast in the first place it's a great service to the community.

+1 w/ questions from a live audience

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:

+1 w/ questions from a live audience

I definitely like that idea!

11 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-05-02 16:04:08)

why not have a panel of 3 ? big_smile

Forums trolls are always needed tongue

Or have a guest  co-host every month \o/

i vote me coz im awesome
I mean look at this hair <<<

but no really i love the pod cast. You could have a segment in each pod cast to interview a corp smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Lucius Marcellus wrote:

Celebro pretty much covered most important things in his post, but one thing I'd like to add is a brief discussion on how to improve the population. I'd also consider co-hosting.

But don't you know we're all alts of existing players? Apart from Nim Rodel. I don't know who that guy is.

I'd come and co-host with ya Grem or guest host if you just need a fill in for an episode. As for topics we haven't had a political landscape topic since NEX came to perp. Alot has happened since then. Alot of New corps and spin off corps. New Beta owners and what not. Might be a good one to pass the time until Test server and patch come out.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

14 (edited by Gremrod 2012-05-03 02:05:38)

Okay great ideas and I would love to have the DEVs on again, but right now is not a good time for them of course.

I think the co-host guest each show is something that would be good to do.

I do like the panel idea, as long as it is not a panel of 10 people. I think the side of maybe 3 people would work fine. (These tend to lead into a long show... neutral)

Khader Khan wrote:

I'd come and co-host with ya Grem or guest host if you just need a fill in for an episode. As for topics we haven't had a political landscape topic since NEX came to perp. Alot has happened since then. Alot of New corps and spin off corps. New Beta owners and what not. Might be a good one to pass the time until Test server and patch come out.

Thanks for that suggest Khader. I agree and think this would be a good short episode to do before the test server.

Yes the plitical situations needs to be covered ... coz im lost neutral

really NEX is allied with TOG still right? tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Which TOG the Beta TOG or that other TOG that isn't TOG?

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Or the alt corp which isn't TOG?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

18 (edited by Duma 2012-05-05 02:33:01)

Hey it confuses even us who run TOG who is TOG and who isn't smile I believe we were in the middle of a "who's on first" situation smile

It was good to See Gemrod again in game yesterday! I look forward to a new Podcast. Always a lot of fun and always well received by the community! I'm sure someone from TOG would be happy to help smile

Cheers

Duma

Great ideas for the podcast.  Excellant idea, I look forward to it!

Lonwolf
NSE
"What we do in life, echoes into eternity!" --Gladiator

Any idea when you start the podcast?

After a couple days of PBS testing, to give them time to talk about some of the new features, seems like it would be the best time.

Arga wrote:

After a couple days of PBS testing, to give them time to talk about some of the new features, seems like it would be the best time.

Thinking of doing one this weekend to cover or catch up from January of this year to now and talk about the couple political things that are going on currently. Would be a short show I think.

Then I want to a show after players have had at least 5 days with the test server.

Bump just to provide my support even when i have not played the game i have kept up with the podcasts. I Enjoyed the dev interviews which although not immediately has brought me back to play. Community and their initiatives coupled with good development will win through in the end.

Look forward to the next Podcast...

Speaking of ... wasn't there one due out pre test server? No pressure, just worried I somehow missed it hmm

Arga wrote:

Speaking of ... wasn't there one due out pre test server? No pressure, just worried I somehow missed it hmm

Didn't do one so you didn't miss anything.