Topic: Put gamma islands in the center

Put gamma islands in the center on the map and alphas on the periphery. Also, make it possible to create safety zones in PVP areas.

These two features combined should fix the fundemantal design flaw of perpetuum where most of activity is confined to alpha, but most opportunities lie on beta unexploited.

Basically, give players the ability to create (and destroy!) alpha-like chunks of space. Thus, no divide between alpha and beta; everything is determined by player actions alone. Hubs will form wherever the players will create good conditions for it and more people will have access to real sandbox features.

Wars will have real meaning in the form of area safety status changes. Resource wars are not bad, but safety is much more versatile commodity and much higher level.

Re: Put gamma islands in the center

Putting the gamma in the middle is just a cosmetic change, but it could have an interesting psychological effect of drawing people toward gamma. But, it would be more difficult to expand the game, and require redoing the map each time; or having crazy TP lines going to the next 24 islands if they were on the outside of the map.

I like the idea, but I have to agree with Arga on the island locations part.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Might sound great but Arga makes a good point.

RIP PERPETUUM

that comming from someone who thinks putting new player into a situation where they are confined in their faction choice sounds a bit oxymoronic.

it has its pros and cons...

+1 - 1 = 0

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

+1 - 1 = 0

Short but elegant answer to the idea!

Mark Zima wrote:

no divide between alpha and beta

+1

Give us 3 more islands Beta3s in the middle of the gammas, One Terminal NPC owned I bet they would become alliance trade hubs.    Or pirate coves yarr

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Actually not soo bad Idea Lobo. I think acceptable. (Sorry I dont understand the original post.)

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

-1.  We should nerf erp again.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Mark is getting more butthurt, day by day.

Jasdemi wrote:

Mark is getting more butthurt, day by day.

na, it was a troll post.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

damn it im agreeing with arga.... *sigh* fuuu

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

damn it im agreeing with arga.... *sigh* fuuu

It was only a matter of time before you came over to the dark side, well, the light side - Off white, maybe eggshell grey side. Muuuhhhaaaaa *cough*  Can I get a lozenge?

Do you guys only read the topic title?

Gratz to Arga for successful derail.

Lobo wrote:

Give us 3 more islands Beta3s in the middle of the gammas, One Terminal NPC owned I bet they would become alliance trade hubs.    Or pirate coves yarr

no thank you... gank somewere else or take the long road as everybody else.

and back to topic:
i dont think this will be a good idea. the reasons have already been named...

I kinda like the wild west feel of it better, out in the outer fringes.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Zortarg Calltar wrote:
Lobo wrote:

no thank you... gank somewere else or take the long road as everybody else.

and back to topic:
i dont think this will be a good idea. the reasons have already been named...

It would be a long road just an extra beta in the middle of the gamma with no connection to any thing but the gammas. Makes perfect sence to me. Would be used as alliance staging areas and trade hubs or ever a fall back fort. You sir are just bitter that I'm a Pirate and had a good idea.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d